Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposed law against atheist HS students
Proposed law against atheist HS students
What fucking century is this?

Arizona law makers are proposing a law that could ban atheists from graduating high school.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...gh-school/
RE: Proposed law against atheist HS students
Well, THAT'S certainly constitutional...
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
The problem is not the oath, the education is the problem Cool Shades
(January 26, 2013 at 7:00 am)Dee Dee Ramone Wrote: The problem is not the oath, the education is the problem Cool Shades

Aren't they both the problem?

I don't see why you have to say anything to graduate. I did my exams then fucked off out of school. My certificates for my exams arrived in the post and I everything I needed. No need to do some daft group chant.
"Propose".

I know people who propose that we go back to the stoneage and grow crops and hunt animals and shit.
I propose alot of things to women, who chose to reject that proposal.
I could propose to be the worlds supreme leader, but I dont think I would get very far with it.

Bullshit is proposed on a daily basis, so I wouldnt be worried unless it is really made into law.
(January 26, 2013 at 7:08 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: "Propose".

I know people who propose that we go back to the stoneage and grow crops and hunt animals and shit.
I propose alot of things to women, who chose to reject that proposal.
I could propose to be the worlds supreme leader, but I dont think I would get very far with it.

Bullshit is proposed on a daily basis, so I wouldnt be worried unless it is really made into law.

I 'd say we should still worry. Just because it is garbage and most likely wont pass, this is how crap gets bigger, ignoring it allows it to fester and or grow.

This is the same party that has done everything to attack women's rights and even in one town in Michigan tried to take voting rights away through city emergency management laws.
This thread shows that it`s not being ignored, and I never proposed that it should be ignored.

I just said that it shouldnt be taken that serious (as in not treated like an adult), best made satire of.
(January 26, 2013 at 7:23 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: This thread shows that it`s not being ignored, and I never proposed that it should be ignored.

I just said that it shouldnt be taken that serious (as in not treated like an adult), best made satire of.

And I am saying it should be taken seriously.
I think they should be mocked for even proposing it. People should take it seriously as in opposing it but they should certainly mocked. That way they lose any credibility.
(January 26, 2013 at 7:36 am)Insanity x Wrote: I think they should be mocked for even proposing it. People should take it seriously as in opposing it but they should certainly mocked. That way they lose any credibility.

Agreed. Fucking douches. Religious oaths are what theocracies like Iran have and Saudi Arabia.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Argument from Degrees contradictory to the 3rd Law of Thermodynamics? FlatAssembler 49 2056 June 26, 2023 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Blasphemy law in the United States Interaktive 37 3483 February 2, 2020 at 8:00 am
Last Post: Yongy50
  How would you write a one-liner law against theism? strawberryBacteria 33 7406 September 15, 2015 at 5:51 am
Last Post: Alex K
Wink Peter Millican lays down the law. Pizza 4 1820 March 18, 2015 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Cato
  Rant against anti-atheist agnostics. Whateverist 338 56681 February 21, 2015 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: comet
  the case against the case against god chris(tnt)rhol 92 15227 December 10, 2014 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  The one disputed law of atheism for the readily confused fr0d0 16 5269 May 5, 2013 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  atheist argument against the widespread witness of angels samiam2013 23 7890 March 30, 2013 at 7:31 am
Last Post: A_Nony_Mouse
  The purpose of Law Girlysprite 29 5561 June 24, 2011 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Solam affirmation against the law in 6 states? binny 1 1408 December 15, 2009 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: leo-rcc