Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blasphemy law in the United States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blasphemy_law_in_the_United_States

blasphemy allowed in Europe

not allowed in Russia

people have the right to blasphemy
punish blasphemy is legal nihilism
RE: Blasphemy law in the United States
Is your keyboard broken?
(December 26, 2019 at 8:25 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Is your keyboard broken?

not

I just made a comment from the Internet
And do you proofread your comment from the Internet?
(December 26, 2019 at 8:31 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: And do you proofread your comment from the Internet?

no
I did not adjust
just copied and pasted
(December 26, 2019 at 8:32 am)Interaktive Wrote:
(December 26, 2019 at 8:31 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: And do you proofread your comment from the Internet?

no
I did not adjust
just copied and pasted

Ah, so you don't put any effort into your posts. Not important enough to do properly. Got it.
(December 26, 2019 at 8:35 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(December 26, 2019 at 8:32 am)Interaktive Wrote: no
I did not adjust
just copied and pasted

Ah, so you don't put any effort into your posts. Not important enough to do properly. Got it.

it's hard for me to do this in English

and I do not like to study in technology
Yes, free speech should definitely include telling religious folks when to shove it. I actually had a short conversation with my grandmother about two guys she says are gay, and her wanting to bring them to the church so they could change. Because homosexuality is an "abomination".

I told her yeah, the bible says that. It also says a guy that finds a woman in a field can rape her there, pay a dowry to marry her, then continue to violate her as much as he wants. But if two men fall in love with each other, that's the abomination in the eyes of the lord.

Morality in the bible is skewed, and I make no bones about mentioning it, even if some would consider it blasphemy.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(December 26, 2019 at 8:50 am)Chad32 Wrote: Yes, free speech should definitely include telling religious folks when to shove it. I actually had a short conversation with my grandmother about two guys she says are gay, and her wanting to bring them to the church so they could change. Because homosexuality is an "abomination".

I told her yeah, the bible says that. It also says a guy that finds a woman in a field can rape her there, pay a dowry to marry her, then continue to violate her as much as he wants. But if two men fall in love with each other, that's the abomination in the eyes of the lord.

Morality in the bible is skewed, and I make no bones about mentioning it, even if some would consider it blasphemy.

believers distorted legal awareness
they don’t know that other animals also have gay sex
this is the norm
A law not enforced since the 1900's.

But then we have lot's of stupid laws on the books: https://www.policeone.com/police-humor/a...xvuyDrSQu/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is the Argument from Degrees contradictory to the 3rd Law of Thermodynamics? FlatAssembler 49 2057 June 26, 2023 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  International Blasphemy Rights Day! chimp3 29 3343 September 29, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  International Blasphemy Day 2017 chimp3 84 20363 September 14, 2017 at 10:54 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  International Blasphemy Day chimp3 153 19120 October 9, 2016 at 4:35 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  How would you write a one-liner law against theism? strawberryBacteria 33 7407 September 15, 2015 at 5:51 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Do you think political correctness is a new cover for blasphemy? TheMessiah 20 5054 June 10, 2015 at 3:08 pm
Last Post: henryp
Wink Peter Millican lays down the law. Pizza 4 1820 March 18, 2015 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Cato
  Blasphemy Day Fromper 42 6978 October 1, 2014 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Zidneya
  The one disputed law of atheism for the readily confused fr0d0 16 5269 May 5, 2013 at 1:23 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Proposed law against atheist HS students Brian37 34 8419 January 27, 2013 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: Minimalist