Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 8:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Point of worship?
Point of worship?
What is the whole deal with worshiping? Like why is that even wanted or needed by a god? It seems kinda pointless to me. Also why should we worship? Cause he tells you so and he is stronger? Does that give him right to insist he be worshiped?
RE: point of worship?
(March 5, 2013 at 7:17 pm)justin Wrote: What is the whole deal with worshiping? Like why is that even wanted or needed by a god? It seems kinda pointless to me.
Positive recognition is enjoyable. This question/argument is particularly amusing on this site, considering the kudos, reputation, and annual awards.
Quote:Also why should we worship? Cause he tells you so and he is stronger? Does that give him right to insist he be worshiped?
I find life to be a net positive, and so I'm thankful and want to express it.
Teehee! God needs kudos! On your knees slaves! That's really amusing...
(March 5, 2013 at 7:59 pm)festive1 Wrote: Teehee! God needs kudos! On your knees slaves! That's really amusing...
It's strange that people who crave recognition claim that if they were god they would no longer have any desire for it.
No, people need to give it.

If you don't give it, he obviously doesn't need it.
Well I'm just a mere mortal, not creator of heaven and earth, aren't I? For an all knowing entity, god is rather insecure, no?
(March 5, 2013 at 8:05 pm)festive1 Wrote: Well I'm just a mere mortal, not creator of heaven and earth, aren't I? For an all knowing entity, god is rather insecure, no?
No. Pleasure from recognition does not necessarily indicate insecurity.
If god knows everyone's hearts and minds, why the worship? Isn't it better to know than to make people grovel? Your god has some serious power issues.
Quote:"I cannot conceive otherwise than that He, the Infinite Father, expects or requires no worship or praise from us, but that He is even infinitely above it."

Benjamin Franklin
Grovel is the opposite of worship, but then you were just fishing for a bite

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would they worship a chair? Fake Messiah 20 1462 April 26, 2021 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The ethics of worship Nihilist Virus 42 5127 October 11, 2020 at 12:15 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  what is the point? Drich 123 7715 September 19, 2020 at 11:04 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Christians worship Satan and don't even know it rado84 18 1769 April 15, 2019 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Well, shit... Now who are supposed to worship? Cyberman 20 4529 July 5, 2017 at 8:23 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Praise GOD !!!! A Jesus your Vorlon would worship !!!!!! vorlon13 7 1337 April 22, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Do Christians worship a suicide victim? madog 101 11303 July 10, 2016 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Merzer
  Why Would You Worship? Shuffle 75 16429 August 22, 2015 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Is There a Point To Living a Moral Life? ronedee 323 124210 July 14, 2015 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Why worship god Lemonvariable72 4 1391 March 25, 2014 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: FreeTony