Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assume alien unicorns want human sacrifice
Assume alien unicorns want human sacrifice
Let's say alien unicorns from space invade earth and want to be worshiped via human sacrifice, what should we do? Should we appease them or fight back?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: Assume alien unicorns want human sacrifice
how dare you defy german logic!!!

Tongue
Glue.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 19, 2013 at 6:04 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Glue.

Whoa, there. (see what I did there?)

Let's not be so hasty.

We have no idea if our new unicorn overlords are tasty or not.
(March 19, 2013 at 6:04 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: how dare you defy german logic!!!

Tongue

There you go again TGAC, skirting around all the tough questions.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(March 19, 2013 at 6:01 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Let's say alien unicorns from space invade earth and want to be worshiped via human sacrifice, what should we do? Should we appease them or fight back?

Sorry to say, but they are already here. I say kill with fire and put the fire out with an ax!

When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Rainbow 
Hey German, I see youre a pony fan. Thought you'd like to know that this particular pony has been ridden. A lot. She's married, so..

I'm told there needs to be a warning, so, WARNING.

ROFLOL
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(March 19, 2013 at 6:01 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Let's say alien unicorns from space invade earth and want to be worshiped via human sacrifice, what should we do? Should we appease them or fight back?

Fight back... trust me: those guys are wimps. They're even less technologically advanced than you are!

Not that they'd manage to invade it anyway, given its protection... but it's a hypothetical, so I guess anything could happen? Wink

(March 20, 2013 at 3:45 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Sorry to say, but they are already here. I say kill with fire and put the fire out with an ax!

So... Minecraft?

Quote:

Well isn't he handsome?

... He's gay, isn't he? Know a few guys who might be interested.

My contribution:

Friendship is Witchcraft
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Wowzaaa
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

We should confuse the aliens about where the species boundary is, so we can substitute christians instead.

Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things you don't want to hear your pilot say. Brian37 74 2456 March 2, 2021 at 8:18 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Valentine's "Things you don't want to see" Brian37 22 1103 February 15, 2021 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  If you want Bden out, Ukraine Brian37 11 1844 December 12, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Reincarnate with me if you want to live.... Brian37 0 330 May 2, 2019 at 9:24 am
Last Post: Brian37
  How do you want to go? Gawdzilla Sama 27 2863 September 24, 2018 at 5:09 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Alien Question for Everyone The Valkyrie 8 739 May 29, 2018 at 4:41 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Which AF member would you want to babysit your kids? FatAndFaithless 69 7833 December 1, 2017 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Cod
  The Undeniable Phenomenon of Alien Abductions The Valkyrie 52 7815 August 17, 2017 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I want my girls, to be those girls. The Grand Nudger 9 1214 October 1, 2016 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
Wink Things That Are As Real As Unicorns AtheistUnicorn 25 8339 September 2, 2016 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Jesster