Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things you don't want to hear your pilot say.
Things you don't want to hear your pilot say.
On a passenger jet. 

"I'll have another martini"

" I am so depressed, my wife left me."

"I lost my contacts, cant see a thing without them."

"Altimeter? Who needs that?"

" I used to be a stunt pilot, lets try some barrel rolls."

"Why are we landing at LAX? I'm not backed up."

"Damn that was some good acid"

"We'll be landing in North Korea, estimated ETA 16 hours."
RE: Things you don't want to hear your pilot say.
I have a real life things you don't want to hear your fellow passenger say moment once.

I was on a Dublin-Cardiff flight, using a propeller short haul plane when the woman sat across the aisle from me, done up in her best business attire, said to the flight attendant: "Those things on the wings are very noisy. Can they be turned off?"

After recovering from the shock (yes, she literally bsod'ed for about ten seconds on hearing that), the flight attendant said "Not really, no. They kind of keep the plane in the air".

Cue a dejected "oh" from my fellow passenger.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(February 16, 2021 at 2:22 pm)Nomad Wrote: I have a real life things you don't want to hear your fellow passenger say moment once.

I was on a Dublin-Cardiff flight, using a propeller short haul plane when the woman sat across the aisle from me, done up in her best business attire, said to the flight attendant: "Those things on the wings are very noisy.  Can they be turned off?"

After recovering from the shock (yes, she literally bsod'ed for about ten seconds on hearing that), the flight attendant said "Not really, no.  They kind of keep the plane in the air".

Cue a dejected "oh" from my fellow passenger.

Ha ha ha, love his response. It's like a, "Really?" Sure lady, if you want to die."

As embarrassed as I am, both trips to Australia, I really am not the passenger you want to sit next to. I am terrified of turbulence, and I get air sick very easy. I was either barfing, or rocking back in forth and clutching my arm rests. 

As a passenger I was like the old man in Friday The 13th , "You're doomed, you're all doomed."

But to be somewhat fair, I think B.A. might agree with her. 

We hope you enjoy your flight to Yemen.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(February 16, 2021 at 2:29 pm)brewer Wrote: We hope you enjoy your flight to Yemen.

"Thank you for flying (Acme Airlines) our inflight movie will be Airport 77". Yes, I am old, which is why I should not be a pilot."
"Mom didn't want to buy me this simulator."
"Sully is a devil worshiper, he didn't pray before he landed on the Hudson river saving everyone's life."
"For the duration of the flight, ABBA's greatest hits will be on repeat."
‘I wonder what THIS button does...’

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(February 16, 2021 at 4:35 pm)no one Wrote: "For the duration of the flight, ABBA's greatest hits will be on repeat."

Once again, smart ass! But to your credit, I should have seen that coming.

(February 16, 2021 at 4:35 pm)no one Wrote: "For the duration of the flight, ABBA's greatest hits will be on repeat."

And that affects me how? You should be glad that I am terrified of turbulence, which is why most air travelers don't have to deal with ABBA.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worst things to say as a toast at a wedding. Brian37 4 444 March 8, 2021 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Things not to say on a job interview. Brian37 42 1853 March 7, 2021 at 10:29 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Things not to say when being arrested The Valkyrie 44 1594 February 16, 2021 at 9:22 am
Last Post: polymath257
  Valentine's "Things you don't want to see" Brian37 22 1115 February 15, 2021 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Things You'll Never See In Films But Would Like To BrianSoddingBoru4 36 1945 November 25, 2020 at 11:56 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Things you can say to a drunk person or a toddler Losty 23 1514 July 2, 2020 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Things Your Pets Say To You BrianSoddingBoru4 13 1997 July 2, 2020 at 6:10 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Things you say to your pets BrokenQuill92 26 1268 July 1, 2020 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  If you want Bden out, Ukraine Brian37 11 1859 December 12, 2019 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: A. Secular Human
  Reincarnate with me if you want to live.... Brian37 0 334 May 2, 2019 at 9:24 am
Last Post: Brian37