Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The christian God loves to change his mind...
The christian God loves to change his mind...
I do think that God changes his mind often in the bible.

He creates man, and then as an after-thought, he creates woman.

He wants to destroy the israelites and after Moses pleaded with him, changes his mind.

He considers whether or not to tell Abraham that he is going to destroy sodom and gommorah, and then decides finally he will tell Abraham after-all.

He wants to destroy Sodom and Gomorah completely, and then changes his mind and decides to spare Lot and his family.

He wants to destroy Ninevah, and sends the prophet Jonah to tell them about it, but later changes his mind again and decides to spare Ninevah.

He sets the OT laws and sacrificial system and then decides to change the law to a new covenant with His son through the new testament.

From the reading of bible, we can see that God is an entity who often changes his mind. From that, I will argue that perhaps God is not omniscient as christians claim him to be, and perhaps he is not infallible.

He is just, perhaps, more powerful than mortals, and that like mortals, he changes his mind over time. He seems like a very indecisive guy to me. And isn't indecisiveness a form of sin? Therefore, the christian god sins.
RE: The christian God loves to change his mind...
Don't forget the endless list of contradictions Big Grin
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
the fictional God never changed his mind once (because his mind is non-existent); it was the people who claim to speak for him that were indecisive. It's hardly surprising however, because the needs of the powerful (in terms of society) change often.
The biblical God is said to have regretted ever creating man.
Genesis 6:7,8

6.And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7.And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

And then he decided to spare Noah and his family so that the race of mankind could continue to piss him off and make his heavenly life impossible.LOL
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Some omnipresence huh Chatpilot Smile?
All the so called attributes of the biblical God can be refuted by the bible itself.Just another of so many contradictions.

(September 5, 2009 at 10:33 pm)chatpilot Wrote: All the so called attributes of the biblical God can be refuted by the bible itself.Just another of so many contradictions.

It's contradictions deriving from its manmade origins. "God is not Great" is good for pointing out areas of the old and new testaments inconsistency’s.

Let’s face it, it was written to give the "powerful" (governments / church) precedent to do what the f*ck they wanted to!
Gods don't Kill People! People with Gods Kill People!!!!
I agree social,it's true I have always thought that once Christianity was accepted by the Roman Empire it gained the support of the government and began to build on its power from there.It was once the law for believers and non believers alike.

And it is because of such things that i think my debate with Arcanus will be a simple one Smile
My difficulty is deciding on the ones most critical.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Saerules good luck with that one I personally try not to get involved in philosophical debates on the existence of God with Christians because all you get is a bunch of long useless posts and circular reasoning which just seems to emphasize even more the insanity of Christian beliefs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cult leader encouraging his followers to starve to death. Rev. Rye 2 452 April 28, 2023 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1304 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Rainbow (He/Him/His) No penis, identifies as a male Nihilist Virus 25 1824 April 17, 2021 at 10:37 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
Question [Serious] Christians what would change your mind? Xaventis 154 8582 August 20, 2020 at 7:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87860 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Jesus’ Failed Prophecy About His Return DoubtingHerFaith 107 14844 January 15, 2019 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2120 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 30711 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Could God's creation be like His omniscience? Whateverist 19 5911 May 18, 2017 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Ham Must Be Starting His Presidential Bid Minimalist 30 3637 March 4, 2017 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie