Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Planet X: 2012! Grab your bibles and hold on tight!
Planet X: 2012! Grab your bibles and hold on tight!
/Assuming you’re willing to believe that various world-ending events spontaneously occur as a convenience to the fickle religious views of the human majority and have no intention of looking any further into it than the claims of the already-convinced.

This topic may be scientific, should faith and/or baseless assumptions have recently become the equivalent of the scientific method. It could also be related to a “Religion” although, I must admit, considering I initially found this in an article written by an I-don’t-believe-in-the-rest-but-if-this-one-part-is-scary-enough-it-must-have-serious-merit 13 year-old, I suppose consistency is one’s beliefs really isn’t necessary for the beliefs themselves to be held. So, I suppose I’ll put it here, in Off Topic. Anyway. . .

As the article summarizes, the planet X theory states that “a tenth "planet" that enters our atmosphere every 3,600 years that was discovered December, 30th 1983. The tenth "planet" also known as planet X. This planet is four to five times the size of earth and one hundred times as dense, giving it greater gravitational pull. Every 3,600 years as it passes it does not collide with the planet but it does affect the earth greatly.1600 B.C. was the last time this took place. The planet is already on its way towards us, so Earth’s plates will shift again. It's also believed that the Earth’s rotation may actually stop for three days. If this were to happen there would be huge earthquakes, tidal waves, hurricane force winds, and meteor showers from debris brought with "planet" X's tail. With such a tremendous gravitational pull scientists can do nothing about it. Scientists believe that 70% of Earth’s population will not survive, 20% percent will starve to death and 10% will survive.” Exclamation

A few videos along the lines of Crystal’s article;
YouTube.
Myspace.
Planetxvideo.com
I’m sure, by now, you can guess my position on the subject; humanity does, and has always rationalized grandiose and exaggerated images it’s own importance based upon equally grandiose and exaggerated ideas, philosophies and religions created by – you guessed it - humans. It's really nothing to move your family to some mysteriously safer part of the world and hide in one's bomb shelter about.

Regardless, I know this isn’t a new subject, although it may be to some. I’d like to hear your thoughts.
I HAZ TEW STAWRZ NAO!!
RE: Planet X: 2012! Grab your bibles and hold on tight!
And this is going to happen in 2012 supposedly? I don't suppose this has occurred to those lamebrains but planets don't travel that fast (especially in the long slow, way out there, orbit this one supposedly has) so if this planet were THAT big wouldn't someone have spotted the fucking thing by now?

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
[youtube]QJjQMwEjC1I[/youtube]
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Frightening thought though...lol Thinking
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
They need to bring Nemesis into this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_(star)
Grab your guns and hold on!
(September 14, 2009 at 10:00 pm)IowaBoy Wrote: Grab your guns and hold on!

I can't imagine why you'd expect guns to be effective in that situation.
(September 14, 2009 at 10:11 pm)theVOID Wrote:

You won't last long.

*cocks shotgun and waits*
- Meatball
(September 15, 2009 at 6:47 pm)Meatball Wrote:
(September 14, 2009 at 10:11 pm)theVOID Wrote:

You won't last long.

*cocks shotgun and waits*

Nobody(not literally) here in NZ has guns!

*Smashes bottle into jagged shape and waits(in the bushes)*
Guns?! What kind of stone age do you live in?! Starfleet at the ready! Joke
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you hold the door for people? Fake Messiah 26 1712 January 16, 2023 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Do you love good set of tight fit jeans on your body? Woah0 20 906 September 18, 2022 at 9:51 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I just found the coolest thing on the planet The Valkyrie 5 542 July 14, 2021 at 7:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I am on hold for the USPS. Jehanne 4 402 February 5, 2018 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Keep Your Friends Close and Your Enemies Closer? Why Would I Keep My Enemies Close? Rhondazvous 26 3413 January 8, 2018 at 9:05 am
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the Last 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? vorlon13 30 6558 August 21, 2017 at 11:37 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  If Your House Caught Fire, what are the First 3 Things You'd Grab On Your Way Out? Rhondazvous 58 10518 August 20, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  How will the planet end? Aoi Magi 34 3948 August 21, 2015 at 12:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What would your planet look like? Norman Humann 39 3422 February 1, 2015 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Mr.wizard
  What's your current car/vehicle? And what's your fantasy car/vehicle? MJ the Skeptical 34 8878 May 23, 2014 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: max-greece