Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus
Jesus
A lot has been written about this person.
The church choose mainly the reports of four apostles, those who sanctify him while disregard the reports of all the rest and deny as well that Jesus was married with Mary Magdalene.
But this to me is not even the most interesting part of Jesus life.
What interest me was the fact that nothing is written about his life between the age of 13 and the age of 30 in the church reports.
What did he do and where did he go?
According to other reports Jesus during that time left Palestine and went around the world from the middle east, Persia the indian subcontinent then back in Persia and Greece.
There is evidence in Orissa and other places about his travelling and his stay in several hashram (places where people meditate or learn meditation).
But why the church keep silence about all this?
According to me the church could and can not make us pretend that Jesus is God if we know that he went around learning about spirituality here and there.
God does not have to learn anything from anyone so it was and still is important that nobody know about his travelling and his learning things.
Interesting thing is that one wing of the Vatican library is close to the public. My guess is that in this wing you can find the forbidden report about his whole life.
One more interesting thing is the fact that according to the church one can not be save unless believe in Jesus.
When i asked a priest how the people who born before Jesus could be saved he said..........well, God will have mercy and they may be saved.
RE: Jesus
Perhaps this is because jesus didn't have a life between 13 and 30.....while human beings have to progress in age year by year, mythical characters have this funny ability to move the narrative along while ignoring the boring bits.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 18, 2013 at 10:39 am)enrico Wrote: between the age of 13 and the age of 30 in the church reports.
What did he do and where did he go?

My bet is he did a lot of this:

[Image: f6f.gif]
Everything you know is invalid!
[Image: fwssp.jpg]
(April 18, 2013 at 10:39 am)enrico Wrote: A lot has been written about this person.
There is evidence in Orissa and other places about his travelling and his stay in several hashram (places where people meditate or learn meditation).

What evidence? Other than the Gospel propaganda, there isn't any evidence he was in the Middle East, much less India.
Who would have written about Jesus' childhood, and why? It wasn't till He became of age (33 is legal age that a rabbi can begin his ministry) that anything really happened.

Also to your second point the Bible Does not say one has to be a Christian in order to be save. It says Christ will judge or determine who to save, (No man comes unto the Father but through Him.)
And there is that infancy Gospel of Thomas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infancy_Gospel_of_Thomas

That Jesus was quite the little scamp!

Quote:The text describes the life of the child Jesus, with fanciful, and sometimes malevolent, supernatural events, comparable to the trickster nature of the god-child in many a Greek myth. One of the episodes involves Jesus making clay birds, which he then proceeds to bring to life, an act also attributed to Jesus in Quran 5:110,[1] although Jesus's age at the time of the event is not specified in the Quran. In another episode, a child disperses water that Jesus has collected, Jesus then curses him, which causes the child's body to wither into a corpse. Another child dies when Jesus curses him when he apparently accidentally bumps into Jesus, throws a stone at Jesus, or punches Jesus (depending on the translation).
When Joseph and Mary's neighbors complain, they are miraculously struck blind by Jesus. Jesus then starts receiving lessons, but arrogantly tries to teach the teacher instead, upsetting the teacher who suspects supernatural origins. Jesus is amused by this suspicion, which he confirms, and revokes all his earlier apparent cruelty. Subsequently he resurrects a friend who is killed when he falls from a roof, and heals another who cuts his foot with an axe.
After various other demonstrations of supernatural ability, new teachers try to teach Jesus, but he proceeds to explain the law to them instead. There is another set of miracles in which Jesus heals his brother who is bitten by a snake, and two others who have died from different causes. Finally, the text recounts the episode in Luke in which Jesus, aged twelve, teaches in the temple.
(April 18, 2013 at 11:08 am)Drich Wrote: Also to your second point the Bible Does not say one has to be a Christian in order to be save. It says Christ will judge or determine who to save, (No man comes unto the Father but through Him.)

Good, then if push comes to shove I can lean on the contents of my person and action -and not worry about all this christ shit. Why are you here again?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 18, 2013 at 11:21 am)JesusHChrist Wrote:
Quote:In another episode, a child disperses water that Jesus has collected, Jesus then curses him, which causes the child's body to wither into a corpse. Another child dies when Jesus curses him when he apparently accidentally bumps into Jesus, throws a stone at Jesus, or punches Jesus (depending on the translation).

When Joseph and Mary's neighbors complain, they are miraculously struck blind by Jesus. Jesus then starts receiving lessons, but arrogantly tries to teach the teacher instead, upsetting the teacher who suspects supernatural origins. Jesus is amused by this suspicion, which he confirms, and revokes all his earlier apparent cruelty. Subsequently he resurrects a friend who is killed when he falls from a roof, and heals another who cuts his foot with an axe.

See, this Jesus sounds pretty fucking awesome.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(April 18, 2013 at 11:08 am)Drich Wrote: Who would have written about Jesus' childhood, and why? It wasn't till He became of age (33 is legal age that a rabbi can begin his ministry) that anything really happened.

Um, Drippy, did you pull that out of your ass...like usual? Where is your citation from a Jewish authority?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7180 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7362 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist