Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Origin of the Garden of Eden Story
The Origin of the Garden of Eden Story
[Image: apophis-2.jpg]

The snake and tree, a foot on its head. Shake liberally and reimagine the story for a new audience.
RE: The Origin of the Garden of Eden Story
"It was a serpent, not a snake! Because a talking snake is like totally ridiculous!" Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

It was a guess and not a serpent.
(April 21, 2013 at 12:17 pm)catfish Wrote: It was a guess and not a serpent.

A guess? Is that some kind of lizard?

When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(April 21, 2013 at 12:16 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: "It was a serpent, not a snake! Because a talking snake is like totally ridiculous!" Tongue

Snakes with wings get into trees and are oft called dragons. And many dragons can talk.
Fus ro dah!

(April 21, 2013 at 12:37 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Fus ro dah!

Possibly it was Rodan making Godzilla God as the name implies.

You mean it was a speech act and not at all a member of the animal kingdom? Whoa, dude!
(April 21, 2013 at 12:53 pm)whateverist Wrote:

You mean it was a speech act and not at all a member of the animal kingdom? Whoa, dude!

Are you saying Dr. Doolittle isn't real?
Is that a jackalope holding a scimitar on the left side of the image? Because that would've been a trillion bajillion times cooler than a fucking talking snake.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why garden and not whole world? Fake Messiah 14 2493 March 21, 2019 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Raw Story gives a voice to atheists.... Brian37 8 1625 October 17, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  On the origin of religion Mr Greene 26 2586 February 8, 2017 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  The Last Wish - Love Story miaharun 0 1169 January 4, 2016 at 7:53 am
Last Post: miaharun
  A Sad Story miaharun 10 2838 December 28, 2015 at 9:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How is Wayward Pines Like the Garden of Eden HiYou 10 2302 July 16, 2015 at 9:16 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My story! I am an Ex-Muslim, became and Atheist. I was visited by an Angel of God. Prince 242 26281 June 19, 2015 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: nihilistcat
  Open Origin Religions? Brometheus 26 5447 April 6, 2015 at 10:33 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Stupidest religious "true story" you've ever heard?... EccentricAlien 37 9551 March 29, 2015 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Thackerie
  The Crazy, Screwed Up Story of Lot Nope 34 8497 December 5, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Drich