Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Sad Story
A Sad Story
Hello all and compliments of the season,
    I just wanted to share a sad story which happened to a dear friend of mine. At some point i took some advice from some of the members on this forum to help them. There was a couple , The guy was a Roman Catholic and the girl was a Buddhist. They were supposed to get married in 2016. Before starting the relationship they had some ground rules (the children should take the girls religion, going to church on Sunday is not a must, no religious wedding, just a small reception etc) which both agreed at first, both parent parties were not happy about the mixed marriage but they didn't care. They were in love. They couldn't get enough of each other and things were going really great. for 1 and a half years. Very recently however the tables turned. Down that road led to fights, tears and pain. Reason being, the guy was telling the girl things like "God is what's keeping us apart" "God is teaching me a lesson" "It's because you don't believe in God your getting into all this trouble" Let me remind you that both parties were madly in love. Hear things like that from that one person you love the most? It is very sad. Due to these threats from religion the girl started to blame Christianity and things got even worse. Within the past month, in all the fights lines like this came into the picture. "There is only God above me" "God and the Holy Spirit is more important to me than anything" "Are you going to save me when i die? Only God can, you wont even be there" "My children are not baptized they wont be saved either" I guess a priest from the church must have had a one to once chat before this change all of a sudden.

Now they barely talk. They guy regrets for betraying his religion and loving the girl and the girl is just lost thinking she loved a man who loved a God more than her. I just wanted to share this sad story and say how religion can affect something beautiful as love to turn into hate. I opened a couple of threads earlier as to how a person can love a God more then their spouse. Something imaginary and something real. I just don't get it.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Gautama Buddha
RE: A Sad Story
Religion sucks.

No news there.
(December 27, 2015 at 12:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Religion sucks.

No news there.

I second that.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
So the Christian asshole couldn't be happy unless he was shoving his beliefs down the throat of the woman he claimed to love? Big fucking surprise.

If he could have kept his pie hole shut about his imaginary friend, things would probably be fine between them. I doubt the Buddhist woman would have been the one to start a spat over whose faith was "correct". The practicing Buddhists I've ever known tend to be pretty tolerant of others' views.
Religion can suck my dick. Hot females only please.
Religion is the type of shit that tears things apart and relationships families friendships etc.
All in all if you love someone and their religious views are in conflict with your own or you want
said person to have the same faith as you. Here is a life tip for theists keep your religion to your
fucking selves do not bother trying to convert or be pushy with your faith not everyone
is going to listen to you. Just be fucking happy and love said person instead of pushing a faith it's that
simple.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Thanks for sharing the story. That is very sad to hear Sad

Religion can be really divisive. It's such a shame they could be so in love and have religion ruin it. This whole "loving God more than anything" idea is really horrible.

Nice to hear from you again, I hope you are well?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
When a couple has to set terms of which religion their future children should be indoctrinated to, before they even married, I wouldn't blame a random priest for ruining their lives with religion after a year and a half.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Hey Rob Sir, Nice to see you again too. Yeah it's sad. If i get married, i wouldn't keep anything above my family. " I can't prove that God exist to you but he is very much alive and helped me in so many ways with my life" . Things like that are alarming.

If an alien space craft with much more intelligence from that of ours roam around earth invincible. Says in a Godly voice, "I'm the supreme being who created all of you" to humans, thiests will probably believe it is indeed their God and forget everything , run towards salvation.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path" - Gautama Buddha
People cause their own unhappiness. The girl should have a "funeral" for the relationship and then screw the heck out of the next 24 random guys she meets. Then she will be free to start another serious relationship with someone more compatible.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raw Story gives a voice to atheists.... Brian37 8 1625 October 17, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  The Last Wish - Love Story miaharun 0 1169 January 4, 2016 at 7:53 am
Last Post: miaharun
  My story! I am an Ex-Muslim, became and Atheist. I was visited by an Angel of God. Prince 242 26283 June 19, 2015 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: nihilistcat
  Stupidest religious "true story" you've ever heard?... EccentricAlien 37 9553 March 29, 2015 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Thackerie
  The Crazy, Screwed Up Story of Lot Nope 34 8508 December 5, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Literal belief in the flood story RobbyPants 157 40239 May 22, 2014 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Funerals don't have to be sad fr0d0 23 4403 May 5, 2014 at 3:41 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  From Rags to Riches, Yahweh's Success Story DeistPaladin 2 1821 February 10, 2014 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Heaven is for real.(The amazingly incredible truthful story that is 100% true.) Yahweh 17 6568 December 8, 2013 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Bad Writer
  The true story of Noah and the ark FKHansen 0 1520 July 9, 2013 at 7:49 am
Last Post: FKHansen