Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This story made me cry.
This story made me cry.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/24...28666.html
RE: This story made me cry.
On the same page was this story.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23...ostpopular

Quote:PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A couple serving probation for the 2009 death of their toddler after they turned to prayer instead of a doctor could face new charges now that another son has died.

Herbert and Catherine Schaible belong to a fundamentalist Christian church that believes in faith healing. They lost their 8-month-old son, Brandon, last week after he suffered from diarrhea and breathing problems for at least a week, and stopped eating. Four years ago, another son died from bacterial pneumonia.

They are now serial praying killers. Good job Philadelphia!
Brian... do you cry if I give you any story about anybody?

If so... you should totally watch The Land Before Time.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(April 22, 2013 at 5:09 pm)Brian37 Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/24...28666.html

Since when is saving believers from the folly of their ways of interest?
(April 23, 2013 at 2:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A couple serving probation for the 2009 death of their toddler after they turned to prayer instead of a doctor could face new charges now that another son has died.

Herbert and Catherine Schaible belong to a fundamentalist Christian church that believes in faith healing. They lost their 8-month-old son, Brandon, last week after he suffered from diarrhea and breathing problems for at least a week, and stopped eating. Four years ago, another son died from bacterial pneumonia.

They are now serial praying killers. Good job Philadelphia!

No, in order to become serial praying killers, they have to kill another kid. That's how it works. Serial killers need to kill at least three people before they get that title. And mass murderers need to kill four in one incident. And, while I'm at it, a spree killer has to kill two people at least in two different locations in a short time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3rhQc666Sg
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 23, 2013 at 6:08 pm)A_Nony_Mouse Wrote:
(April 22, 2013 at 5:09 pm)Brian37 Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/24...28666.html

Since when is saving believers from the folly of their ways of interest?

Because compassion is part of human evolution. You don't save people because of their labels or differences, you save them because it is the right thing to do. Otherwise lets just kill each other.

The lesson of the holocaust is not "pro Jew" anymore than the lesson of slavery is "pro black". They are both lessons of human evolution on how our species should not behave towards each other.

This ignorance is why the middle east is fucked up on all sides of the issue. Labels are still falsely claimed as being the inventor of morality. As long as you have humans ignoring that they are the same species you will always have stupid humans using labels as an excuse to do physical harm to others.
(April 25, 2013 at 10:42 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(April 23, 2013 at 6:08 pm)A_Nony_Mouse Wrote: Since when is saving believers from the folly of their ways of interest?

Because compassion is part of human evolution. You don't save people because of their labels or differences, you save them because it is the right thing to do. Otherwise lets just kill each other.

Despite your protestations I doubt your compassion for the lost Druids and Odinites runs as deep. How is it possible for an atheist to muster up an interest in reasons related to religion? Religions are arbitrary, capricious and stupid. Religions undergo extinction events.

Who mourns Adonis?

Quote:The lesson of the holocaust is not "pro Jew" anymore than the lesson of slavery is "pro black". They are both lessons of human evolution on how our species should not behave towards each other.

Frankly I would like to find the asshole who invented there is a "lesson" to the holy holocaust and ram down his throat the FACT that real history does not contain lessons. ONLY invented history contains lessons.

The suggestion that evolution has a lesson is right up (down?) there with creationism. Who put the lesson into evolution?

However if you are going to try the "we can learn from history" then sticking with a religion disliked by the vast majority of the population is downright stupid. But that is a lesson not learned. We can also look at the attempted extermination of the Christians by the Jews. Don't start a fight you can't finish.

Quote:This ignorance is why the middle east is fucked up on all sides of the issue. Labels are still falsely claimed as being the inventor of morality. As long as you have humans ignoring that they are the same species you will always have stupid humans using labels as an excuse to do physical harm to others.

How the folks in the middle east play their religion games is at most a source of amusement as long as they keep it there among themselves. It is not our business to get involved or to play favorites. And that includes the totalitarian dictatorship run by the west's currently popular eternal victims.
(April 25, 2013 at 10:42 am)Brian37 Wrote: Because compassion is part of human evolution. You don't save people because of their labels or differences, you save them because it is the right thing to do. Otherwise lets just kill each other.

Unless politics, nationality, race, obligation, etc.

Compassion is such a large part of human evolution that we've had about thirty-bazillion wars with each other, which usually involved the brutal and bloody butchery of each other, with some solid rape on the side.

Liquid rape is just not as much fun.

Quote:The lesson of the holocaust is not "pro Jew" anymore than the lesson of slavery is "pro black". They are both lessons of human evolution on how our species should not behave towards each other.

I find it funny that you call this human evolution, when both of these examples are cultural... therefore only impact human cultural evolution. Not that it'll matter come world war 3, yeah?

Quote:This ignorance is why the middle east is fucked up on all sides of the issue. Labels are still falsely claimed as being the inventor of morality. As long as you have humans ignoring that they are the same species you will always have stupid humans using labels as an excuse to do physical harm to others.

Pretty sure you'll have the same with them realizing that they're the same species... and I mean: why wouldn't you?
Yes religions are arbitrary and stupid, but that does not mean we lose our compassion as a species. I think it is stupid of you to think those who hold absurd claims deserve to be treated as less than human because you may not like their behavior or actions. Don't talk about others being stupid when the shit you just said was stupid.

We are not a separate species because of the labels we may hold.
(April 25, 2013 at 12:29 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Yes religions are arbitrary and stupid, but that does not mean we lose our compassion as a species.

The Brian37 species is very compassionate as a species. I wonder if it tastes yummy.

Quote:I think it is stupid of you to think those who hold absurd claims deserve to be treated as less than human because you may not like their behavior or actions. Don't talk about others being stupid when the shit you just said was stupid.

So... I treat most humans as walking flesh bags until they prove to me through behavior or actions that they're more than this. Not sure how I could possibly give them less respect without walking through them.

Someone being hypocritical doesn't stop what they say from being true Smile

Quote:We are not a separate species because of the labels we may hold.

I'm pretty sure Brian37 is a separate species from mine, I just hope they label this correctly at the market.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have made a new YouTube video about anarchism... FlatAssembler 18 1199 July 30, 2022 at 12:39 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I've Made a Video about Anarchism FlatAssembler 43 3269 October 24, 2019 at 7:46 am
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1498 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Republican advisor made a woman a sex slave Rev. Rye 67 8123 April 12, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The Never Ending Story: Another Investigation A Theist 10 1367 February 6, 2018 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  George Carlin - The Only Prophet Who Made Accurate Predictions Minimalist 14 2066 December 24, 2017 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What are your thoughts on this story? NuclearEnergy 6 1502 June 24, 2017 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Noam Chomsky: Trump-Russia story is 'a joke.' CapnAwesome 26 5084 April 25, 2017 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Trump boasting about his job creation made me think of this Won2blv 0 585 January 4, 2017 at 12:33 am
Last Post: Won2blv
  Fox News: you know you've made it when a head of state... JuliaL 8 2470 January 13, 2015 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: abaris