Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 12:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama speech to schoolchildren hype
Obama speech to schoolchildren hype
i find it very interesting the way obama, just before giving his health care reform speech to congress, attempts to make himself look more favorable by giving a speech to schoolchildren telling them to stay in school and all, in an atempt to make his next few days go better and get more support for his agendas. all the people who started freaking out because obama "was going to brainwash our kids" were alot of the same people that are against him on his healthcare reforms.those politicians opposed to his healthcare plans had very little choice of what to do about obamas speech to schoolchildren other than to try to claim how evil it would be and discredit it, in effort to try to keep support on their side of the healthcare debate. of course from a perfectly fine speech [to schoolchildren] those people opposed to obama found a sentence or two they could twist out of context and into a hammer in attempt to attack obamas speech. there was nothing wrong with it before they changed it, and all the parents who wrer going to prevent their childs from hearing the president obama speak of politics or otherwise are quite ignorant people.
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P.J. O'Rourke

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success." - Christopher Lasch

RE: Obama speech to schoolchildren hype
Politics & mind control.. what's the difference?
Lol, i thought it was a brilliant ploy myself. Did you get to hear it? I'm told that it can be cut down to five words: Do well, Stay in school. ^_^

Of course the people declaring everything about him evil are ignorant ^_^ You'd have to be to find him that bad. Smile

And he's fairly good-looking too. Tiger
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
I got to watch some of it in Hist. Civ. (yay). I think it was a waste of time. Liked the after debat on HLN though. Freakin knew they are going to cut the one guy from TX. off. Thought there are going to be a huge mob of people calling and telling them to put him back on...
(September 9, 2009 at 6:10 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Politics & mind control.. what's the difference?

Christianity & mind control.. what's the difference?
No matter the day and age, there are and always will be some who simply cannot kick the "color discrimination" bug.
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
(September 9, 2009 at 6:10 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Politics & mind control.. what's the difference?

And your alternative to politics is?

I do hope you aren't going to reccomend a theocracy.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Theocracy!!! *moons*

Nah I like mind control - I think you just gotta call it how it is.
If anything, Republicans should be praising Obama's speech. He delivered a pretty harsh message about personal responsibility and hard work, something Republicans consider a core value and they often attack "liberals" claiming their social programs work against this.

American politics are fucked up beyond repair. It's truly rare to hear the Republican party praise Obama for anything, even when his actions fall in line more with their party than his own. It's actually pretty sad.
- Meatball
(September 13, 2009 at 4:08 pm)Meatball Wrote: American politics are fucked up beyond repair. It's truly rare to hear the Republican party praise Obama for anything, even when his actions fall in line more with their party than his own. It's actually pretty sad.

Sadly I agreeSad I don't know how this is going to end, but I don't think it will end well.
binnyCoffee

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1307 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What happens if you "tell" a police to f**k off? Freedom of speech? Duty 16 1027 April 17, 2022 at 9:35 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Navalny’s speech from court Fake Messiah 3 239 February 5, 2021 at 5:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1542 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1562 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 565 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  AP: Obama's nose is growing John V 113 9384 September 17, 2018 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Do You Suppose This Slimeball Remembers This Speech? Minimalist 1 356 August 22, 2018 at 7:35 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 2011 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  The Power of Freedom vs. Hate Speech Laws Mechaghostman2 13 1605 May 1, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3