Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 12:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Jurassic avialan dinosaur from China...
A Jurassic avialan dinosaur from China...
A Jurassic avialan dinosaur from China resolves the early phylogenetic history of birds

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vao...12168.html

Quote:The recent discovery of small paravian theropod dinosaurs with well-preserved feathers in the Middle–Late Jurassic Tiaojishan Formation of Liaoning Province (northeastern China)1, 2, 3, 4 has challenged the pivotal position of Archaeopteryx3, 4, regarded from its discovery to be the most basal bird. Removing Archaeopteryx from the base of Avialae to nest within Deinonychosauria implies that typical bird flight, powered by the forelimbs only, either evolved at least twice, or was subsequently lost or modified in some deinonychosaurians3, 5. Here we describe the complete skeleton of a new paravian from the Tiaojishan Formation of Liaoning Province, China. Including this new taxon in a comprehensive phylogenetic analysis for basal Paraves does the following: (1) it recovers it as the basal-most avialan; (2) it confirms the avialan status of Archaeopteryx; (3) it places Troodontidae as the sister-group to Avialae; (4) it supports a single origin of powered flight within Paraves; and (5) it implies that the early diversification of Paraves and Avialae took place in the Middle–Late Jurassic period.
RE: A Jurassic avialan dinosaur from China...
Ooooh.

That's all I have to say on the subject.
There is doubt about this fossil, tampering is suspected as with many Chinese fossils. Trusting those who look only to make a name for themselves is risky. China has proven to be unreliable on many fronts, until they can prove themselves worthy everything coming from there should be suspect.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(June 6, 2013 at 8:31 am)Godschild Wrote: There is doubt about this fossil, tampering is suspected as with many Chinese fossils. Trusting those who look only to make a name for themselves is risky. China has proven to be unreliable on many fronts, until they can prove themselves worthy everything coming from there should be suspect.
Except their money and credit, of course, we are all sucking the great Chinese teet with great joy indeed when it comes to loans.
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
LOL, You don't trust the chinese....okay okay..na you zen ma yang?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yeah, we all know that those evil atheist Chinese scientists are just faking the fossil in order to disprove God.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(June 6, 2013 at 8:31 am)Godschild Wrote: There is doubt about this fossil, tampering is suspected as with many Chinese fossils. Trusting those who look only to make a name for themselves is risky. China has proven to be unreliable on many fronts, until they can prove themselves worthy everything coming from there should be suspect.

Does it ever feel challenging, finding new ways to obfuscate the real reason why you disbelieve scientific claims, aka: bible says so?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(June 6, 2013 at 9:01 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Yeah, we all know that those evil atheist Chinese scientists are just faking the fossil in order to disprove God.
ROFL! Damn Commie Buddhist Easterners!
[Image: PT-AM490B_GOD_j_G_20090911223240.jpg]
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
(June 6, 2013 at 9:01 am)Doubting Thomas Wrote: Yeah, we all know that those evil atheist Chinese scientists are just faking the fossil in order to disprove God.

That's right just ignore the facts and parrot others, what I stated was not about the church or scriptures, it was about bad science. I would think that those who want science to be a part of their lives would at the least want reputable people doing the work, but I guess not. As long as lies helps your cause your fine with ignoring them, that's what you call truth then so be it, but don't go crying when people show you what's going on for real.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Doubt about what, from who? What evidence can you present that this Chinese fossil has been tampered with?
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An Iridescent Pileus Cloud over China Jehanne 5 632 September 8, 2022 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Statuesque dinosaur fossil discovered Thumpalumpacus 44 7984 May 13, 2017 at 4:38 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Dinosaur tail found preserved in amber! Simon Moon 84 14780 December 19, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: RoadRunner79
  Reverse Engineering a Dinosaur? Minimalist 10 2949 May 15, 2015 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Fossil Ink Sacs from Jurassic Period Found Annik 0 1386 May 22, 2012 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Annik
  Jurassic Park (well sort of) Cinjin 8 2417 October 25, 2011 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger