Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian scholars: 1 man, 1 woman isn't the Bible's only marriage view
Christian scholars: 1 man, 1 woman isn't the Bible's only marriage view
Quote:So, while it is not accurate to state that biblical texts would allow marriages between people of the same sex, it is equally incorrect to declare that a “one-man-and-one-woman” marriage is the only allowable type of marriage deemed legitimate in biblical texts.

http://altoonaherald.desmoinesregister.c...riage-view
RE: Christian scholars: 1 man, 1 woman isn't the Bible's only marriage view
[Image: biblical-marriage.jpg]
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFkeKKszXTw
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Okay, you all need to go and read up on that entire thing, get your facts straight:

[Image: 516R%2B9ChSuL._SX300_.jpg]
"Men see clearly enough the barbarity of all ages — except their own!" — Ernest Crosby.
(June 4, 2013 at 9:59 am)little_monkey Wrote:
Quote:So, while it is not accurate to state that biblical texts would allow marriages between people of the same sex, it is equally incorrect to declare that a “one-man-and-one-woman” marriage is the only allowable type of marriage deemed legitimate in biblical texts.

http://altoonaherald.desmoinesregister.c...riage-view
Uh, NSS - it's common knowledge that polygamy was allowed by the law.
(June 4, 2013 at 11:19 am)John V Wrote: Uh, NSS - it's common knowledge that polygamy was allowed by the law.

Yes, but you know back then there was someone saying, "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Eve and Beth and Ann and Wanda and Suzie and Jennifer...
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What if God is a woman Woah0 31 2552 November 26, 2022 at 1:28 am
Last Post: UniversesBoss
  Isn’t pantheism the same thing as atheism? Ferrocyanide 177 10528 January 1, 2022 at 2:36 am
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  [Serious] The black man as a slave to the white man's god Foxaèr 51 2958 August 5, 2020 at 9:09 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] Freemasons: why is there such a negative view of this group? GODZILLA 8 1401 February 4, 2019 at 6:43 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  We can only see 4% of the universe ! WinterHold 25 2837 January 30, 2019 at 1:25 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Nuns are not only Christians Indir 24 2701 October 23, 2018 at 7:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Nuns are not only Christians Indir 1 496 October 19, 2018 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Love of God vs love of a woman Mystic 51 5532 September 26, 2018 at 9:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  How I view all the world's religions. Brian37 0 600 March 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Being Catholic isn't an ethnic thing. Joods 0 791 March 12, 2018 at 8:36 am
Last Post: Joods