Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thinking about getting a Team-speak Server
Thinking about getting a Team-speak Server
I am willing to pay and upkeep a Teamspeak--pretty much like a group Skype for 20-30 people--server for talking/discussing things about atheism or related topics.

I want to know if this sounds interesting to you, and would you be active on this Teamspeak server.

Thanks!
--JPell
RE: Thinking about getting a Team-speak Server
I had a TeamSpeak server for a MMO clan for like 3 years (was the leader of the clan for about 2 years) - it had 25 spots, and it was occupied 24/7 as my clan had about 100 active members and over 500 members total all over the world. Now it's completely dead though, this was a few years back. I tried out Ventrillo server, but settled for a TeamSpeak server because it was slightly cheaper back then, I don't remember the company that I leased from, but it only cost about 70 bucks or so a year, which I found to be amicable.

I don't know exactly when things started to fall apart, but it was mainly due to changes to the MMO I reckon - one of the deciding factors for high active membership was the weekly P2P trips with the clan and Clan Wars with other clans. Good times. After we became a community clan, everyone had already pretty much dropped out of the clan. Never recovered. Now I hardly play the MMO anymore, but I'm still part of the clan; 7 years running (the clan is about 9 years old now).

I guess what I'm saying is that unless there's something to come together for, it'll be empty most of the time. Besides, I find (persistent) chat-rooms or shoutboxes to be better for atheism and whatever is related to it. Just my two-cents.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
RE: Thinking about getting a Team-speak Server
(June 12, 2013 at 7:56 pm)Sal Wrote: I had a TeamSpeak server for a MMO clan for like 3 years (was the leader of the clan for about 2 years) - it had 25 spots, and it was occupied 24/7 as my clan had about 100 active members and over 500 members total all over the world. Now it's completely dead though, this was a few years back. I tried out Ventrillo server, but settled for a TeamSpeak server because it was slightly cheaper back then, I don't remember the company that I leased from, but it only cost about 70 bucks or so a year, which I found to be amicable.

I don't know exactly when things started to fall apart, but it was mainly due to changes to the MMO I reckon - one of the deciding factors for high active membership was the weekly P2P trips with the clan and Clan Wars with other clans. Good times. After we became a community clan, everyone had already pretty much dropped out of the clan. Never recovered. Now I hardly play the MMO anymore, but I'm still part of the clan; 7 years running (the clan is about 9 years old now).

I guess what I'm saying is that unless there's something to come together for, it'll be empty most of the time. Besides, I find (persistent) chat-rooms or shoutboxes to be better for atheism and whatever is related to it. Just my two-cents.

Thanks for the reply!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I was thinking... dyresand 22 4207 April 22, 2017 at 2:49 am
Last Post: dyresand
  how to hold on to atheism when things keep getting worse? Rextos 26 4496 June 6, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Adam Blackstar
  Thinking of death dyresand 27 7293 February 23, 2015 at 3:40 pm
  On Unbelief: II. Thinking About Thinking Mudhammam 0 1107 December 14, 2014 at 5:57 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
Photo Atheism liberated me from pointless thinking,and made my life enjoyable. MountainsWinAgain 72 19407 October 30, 2014 at 10:54 am
  For the Thinking Man. Artur Axmann 101 24365 May 29, 2014 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  This is getting old tor 42 9020 April 7, 2014 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: microxone
  WLC is getting old tor 4 1868 March 21, 2014 at 10:51 am
Last Post: Modler
  I'm getting confirmed Catholic... Wunsbee 54 12434 November 30, 2013 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: PracticalPackers113
  I would like to speak one on one with an informed atheist. Arbitraryusername 16 4586 November 7, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Whateverist