Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You just can't make this shit up....
You just can't make this shit up....
This is just what the world needed, more lunacy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22972610

Yup - Greek Gods being worshipped today. Growing a pace too apparently.
RE: You just can't make this shit up....
(June 20, 2013 at 1:25 pm)max-greece Wrote: This is just what the world needed, more lunacy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22972610

Yup - Greek Gods being worshipped today. Growing a pace too apparently.

It makes as much sense as anything else.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiTYylAu-VU
This is just a branch of new age-paganism. It's pretty popular in some circles.
fucking hipsters with too much time on their hands

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTi9I7RawNATTDAtV6o-Vm...W-fbENrBAQ]
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Ancient religions and modern paganism is one of my favorite areas of study. FYI
Other than the fact that Zeus was less of a scumbag than yhwh it's the same shit.
"You can't prove they don't exist!"

But I agree with downbeatplumb, just as crazy as any other form of deity worship really.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(June 20, 2013 at 2:10 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Other than the fact that Zeus was less of a scumbag than yhwh it's the same shit.

He was just less of a scumbag. He did plenty of dirty deeds himself.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If god can't lie, does that mean he can't do everything? Foxaèr 184 11063 September 10, 2021 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  God can make infinitely more special/valuable things than this universe blue grey brain 84 9470 December 17, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  This Will Cause Believers To Lose Their Shit Minimalist 36 8498 March 30, 2018 at 11:14 am
Last Post: sdelsolray
  I Can Just Hear All Churches Shitting Bricks On This One Minimalist 40 7176 December 7, 2017 at 5:00 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  What would you do if you found out God can't possibly exist? Succubus 21 4615 October 7, 2017 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Religious friend dumps pile of shit in my facebook inbox. Too thick to tear apart. DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 28 8486 November 30, 2015 at 4:44 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Why the fine tuning argument is a pile of shit Longhorn 61 11643 August 11, 2015 at 5:42 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Can I be sued for saving someone's life? Yes I can Dystopia 25 5255 July 14, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  If we can't criticize Islam in the West, where can it be criticized? TheMessiah 29 7732 May 10, 2015 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  How can we make adults believe in Santa? watchamadoodle 40 11888 March 24, 2015 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Vox Populi