Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 6:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One question for Christians
One question for Christians
Just one.

That's all.

Why does blood sacrifice make anything better?

[Image: 455px-Hinterglasbild_Kreuzigung.jpg]

Just to clarify the question, Christians believe that Jesus died on the cross so that our sins may be forgiven. How's that work exactly? What's the cause and effect between a godman bleeding on a cross and my being forgiven by the same god for the sins I've committed? Why does the blood he shed somehow atone for my sins?

Frankly the disconnect between my sins and Jesus need to bleed on a cross to set it right seems a bit like Monte Python's Mattress Sketch, where if someone says "mattress" to Mr. Lambert, he puts a bag over his head and then men have to make it better by getting into a box and sing.

Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: One question for Christians
[quote='DeistPaladin' pid='469650' dateline='1372367950']
Just one.

That's all.

The christ is a MYTH - as are all claimed gods

THERE was no reason for a sacrifice - blood or otherwise - THe story of Adam and EVE and original sin - is also a LEGEND - mythology - and never actually happened.

So - since the blood sacrifice - never happened - and never needed to happen to begin with - it is all nonsense
I thought human (Jesus) sacrifice was to null the old covenant of blood (animal) sacrifice.

Honestly, however, there was absolutely no reason for the sacrifice at all. Jesus' sacrifice was basically just a dramatic show put on to please the masses, nothing more. After all, a truly powerful god surely has a means of removing sin without needlessly sacrificing his son. It just further goes to show the minds of primitive, sadistic men who wrote the bible.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
It's even sillier when you think that this god is supposed to be an all-good, all-loving god, so he requires that his only son be tortured and executed in the most brutal way known at the time in that part of the world. Especially since this god is also all-powerful, so if he really wanted to forgive all mankind, he could have just done so without going through the whole pageantry of the passion story. Then when you think about it, it wasn't really any kind of sacrifice at all because as the myth goes he came back to life after three days and lives in Heaven with his daddy, God.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Hmm....I get the feeling you already know what answer you're going to be given, DP...
(June 27, 2013 at 5:19 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: Just one.

That's all.

[Image: 455px-Hinterglasbild_Kreuzigung.jpg]

I think the more important question is what was the artist thinking when he drew that chest?

ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Post like the four above this one is what derails an OP, people parroting the same ol' tired things, why can't you go to scripture and try to disprove what Christians believe. You expect us to go to science to disprove what you believe about evolution, are we asking anything differently than you are, NO we are not. Many atheist have said to me in the last few days they read and study scripture, if that is so then prove it in conversations you have with Christians.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(June 27, 2013 at 5:53 pm)Godschild Wrote: Post like the four above this one is what derails an OP, people parroting the same ol' tired things, why can't you go to scripture and try to disprove what Christians believe. You expect us to go to science to disprove what you believe about evolution, are we asking anything differently than you are, NO we are not. Many atheist have said to me in the last few days they read and study scripture, if that is so then prove it in conversations you have with Christians.

In other words, you can't satisfactorily answer the question and you know it.
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

(June 27, 2013 at 5:53 pm)Godschild Wrote: Post like the four above this one is what derails an OP, people parroting the same ol' tired things, why can't you go to scripture and try to disprove what Christians believe.

Huh...I don't know why you lumped me in there...I was just commenting on the fact that I believe DP already knows the answer he is going to receive and is preparing to debate.
(June 27, 2013 at 5:51 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: I think the more important question is what was the artist thinking when he drew that chest?

What was the artist thinking when he drew this?

[Image: jesusabs1.jpg]
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7756 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens) Tiberius 26 3320 June 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Question I have for Christians. Quick 45 6964 May 12, 2018 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  A single question for Christians Foxaèr 30 6331 October 6, 2017 at 9:00 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 2757 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  A Loaded Question for Christians chimp3 33 4901 December 19, 2016 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Are Christians delusional? This one is. Nihilist Virus 13 2211 July 10, 2016 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Question to Christians purplepurpose 72 8548 July 7, 2016 at 12:40 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 31125 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Hypothetical Question for the Christians Cecelia 7 1572 January 18, 2016 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Drich