Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet You vs Life You
Internet You vs Life You
I have a question for anyone because I find that this applies strongly to me...

How different is the personal You in real-life from the impersonal You on the internet?

Contrary to what anyone sees about me on the internet, in real-life I am much more mellow, less assertive but equally confrontational, more quiet, cheerful, and compassionate.

Everything else is roughly about the same.

What about You?
RE: Internet You vs Life You
(July 21, 2013 at 3:31 pm)Walking Void Wrote: I have a question for anyone because I find that this applies strongly to me...

How different is the personal You in real-life from the impersonal You on the internet?

Contrary to what anyone sees about me on the internet, in real-life I am much more mellow, less assertive but equally confrontational, more quiet, cheerful, and compassionate.

Everything else is roughly about the same.

What about You?

I don't bother pointing out problems with people's religion in real life as much as I do on here, other than that pretty similar.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Very different!!!! Tongue
I try to be the same, but I would say that I'm a little bit bolder and more brave here than IRL.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

More or less the same. Even my gaming self pops his head into IRL when doing anything competitive or when I need to take charge of something.
Pretty much the same except that religion rarely comes up in real life. I don't have time to waste on such shit. I have one good friend who is a devout ( i.e., nutty ) xtian. We don't talk about religion.
I'm pretty much the same on here as I am IRL, except sometimes I say things here in sarcasm that I would never say IRL.
well. it depends.

I'm pretty much the same here as I am at work, home, and with friends. I do tone it down with family, though.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
I'm pretty much the same... well, except from communicating more in Scottish irl. Tongue I imagine that plenty of Scottish words would pointless when talking online as few people would understand.
Cunt
I dont like describing myself and let other people describe me.

And most people tell me that I am a very quiet and introvert person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Internet Utopia Ahriman 71 5463 October 7, 2021 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Mid-late 2000's internet was the best time for the web. Mechaghostman2 6 814 June 14, 2020 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Why is it internet fandom has some of the nastiest people? A Godzilla fan 10 811 October 7, 2019 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Shut Everything Down - Barack Obama Just Won The Internet BrianSoddingBoru4 30 2701 August 5, 2018 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  What is it that makes people so mean on the internet? NuclearEnergy 9 1103 October 23, 2017 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: c172
  Why are there so many creeps on the internet? NuclearEnergy 52 12110 May 25, 2017 at 6:52 am
Last Post: eggie
  Internet Speed 2016 Edwardo Piet 55 4923 August 5, 2016 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
Rainbow A Thread For Sad And Lonely Internet Users Excited Penguin 36 3924 May 17, 2016 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, reta 9 2102 April 23, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Exclamation Data Retention & Internet Privacy Aractus 12 4005 April 6, 2016 at 8:17 am
Last Post: bradhaddin81