Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:22 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook
Facebook
On my facebook page, I am friends with a few people who I was friends in high school that I lost touch with after high school> then reconnected on facebook. In high school, i was the christian one. They were not. Now they have "found jesus" and I have moved past that. It really bugs me that they post prayers, things about god blessing their lives eyc, etc, and the one guy goes so far as to preach.
Its annoying and I have told them about it but hey preach at me and tell me If I am offnded not to read it. The thing is they are nice people despite their fanatical obsession with something that isn't even there.
So I have decided to begin posting very subtle atheistic quotes on my status, and occassionally throwing a blatent atheistic quote. Is there some website out there that is just full of quotes about atheism? Or do I just have to extract them from various sources when I see one I like?
RE: Facebook
The web is bursting with Athiest quotes. It's a veritable gold mine. I take it that you want to follow these people otherwise and couldn't just not follow there postings as is possible?
Just go to http://www.google.com and search "Atheist Quotes". Like fr0d0 says, its a gold mine for that lol Tongue
The dark side awaits YOU...AngryAtheism
"Only the dead have seen the end of war..." - Plato
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
We have a whole section here filled with them
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
http://tinyurl.com/ydb2xcp
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Eilonnwy, how did you do that? That was cool.
Anyway I borrowed some atheist quotes from here and put them on my facebook page. So far no one has noticed or said a thing. No one reads that stuff I think.
binnyCoffee
LOL that WAS cool!

"Was that so hard? Smile"

Hahahah...really made my day that.
“Those who wish to base their morality literally on the Bible have either not read it or not understood it...” - Richard Dawkins
(October 2, 2009 at 1:05 pm)binny Wrote: Eilonnwy, how did you do that? That was cool.
Anyway I borrowed some atheist quotes from here and put them on my facebook page. So far no one has noticed or said a thing. No one reads that stuff I think.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Let+me+Google+that+for+you

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Tongue

Cute article on the website: Let Me Google That For You Passive-Aggressively Helps your Friends

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Absolutely brilliant. Way to be passive aggresive lol Gonna use it on people who ask me for stuff next time Tongue
Yeah, I found out about it because I used to be part of an art forum and we'd get people ask basic questions for their homework and we'd bitch at them to google their homework, we're not doing it for them. Then this thing was made and it was FUCK YES!

I love it so much.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  As Seen on Facebook . . . Shell B 289 26508 August 10, 2021 at 10:19 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What is Facebook and do you find it valuable Rhizomorph13 22 1229 July 29, 2020 at 5:40 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Let's heathenize facebook Foxaèr 8 1025 March 21, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Minds, Facebook alternative Foxaèr 0 621 July 28, 2017 at 9:34 am
  Uh-oh, maybe Facebook is finally gone Foxaèr 7 1551 June 16, 2017 at 10:02 am
  Facebook Expired 63 4074 July 17, 2016 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Can Facebook be a dick? Foxaèr 17 1706 May 24, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Panic: my mom showed up in the suggested people on my fake facebook DespondentFishdeathMasochismo 29 4088 December 8, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Warning for those who use facebook... IanHulett 3 1170 July 16, 2015 at 11:50 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  Looks like I'm a social outcast on my facebook. IanHulett 13 1957 July 16, 2015 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: IanHulett