Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A story my uncle told me about god
A story my uncle told me about god
This was back when I was a hard core chirstian. My great great uncle who is in his 90's was down as he used to every year, and stayed with my grandfather (A odd baptiist minster) as he usually did. Now one day I was reading the first book of the left behind series (They are only good for starting a fire) And he asks he whats that about, so I explain, and too my surprise he says "thats bullshit, let me tell you a little story about why god is not real. When I served in ww2 I was a medic and on a june day we were rolling into normady. I was finishin up taking care of a little biy missing a hand and a leg and a little girl missing a arm, when this middle aged man pulles up in a pickup truck and comes running out. Please sir please help my son! What is wrong with i asked. He just led me to his truck saying please, sir please. He gestures to the blanket and I pulled it only to find the pieces of a boy maybe 16 or 17. I then turned to the man, and after seeing plety of blood and gore for one day said, I'm not jesus I can't help him. I later found that the boy was the uncle to the children I had helped earlier, and he was walking through field with them in each hand to make sure they did hit a mine." My uncle then starkly continued " I was raised in a catholic school, I know all about the bible. But how could god allw such evil."
Incidentally my uncle lives where that high school girl was threatened in rhode island.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: A story my uncle told me about god
Damn that would be horrible. Kinda makes me think of when people try to tell me about the "power of prayer". I tell them to go to a children's hospital like Le Bonheur or St. Jude and see the terrible things those kids go through and then come talk to me about god answering prayers.
Nasty, for some reason it reminds of this game Pewds is playing called Outlast in which You the player must escape a psyche ward which is currently directed by a minister. The minister had all of the ward members released to kill off the security so that He could take control of the ward. So many limbs and so much blood, there could not possibly be a god if that was happening in real life.
(September 8, 2013 at 9:50 am)Walking Void Wrote: Nasty, for some reason it reminds of this game Pewds is playing called Outlast in which You the player must escape a psyche ward which is currently directed by a minister. The minister had all of the ward members released to kill off the security so that He could take control of the ward. So many limbs and so much blood, there could not possibly be a god if that was happening in real life.

Sounds like a good game, whats it for?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
http://www.ign.com/games/outlast/pc-145344

PC and PS4.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I told my little girl about angels yesterday... Jehanne 44 10762 September 6, 2017 at 11:23 am
Last Post: mordant
  WHY I LEFT ISLAM - An Apostate's Story bussta33 2 1265 April 18, 2016 at 2:32 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Good news ... told by an idiot GUBU 20 5553 January 20, 2016 at 6:44 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  My Conversion Story Secular Atheist 23 3920 October 18, 2015 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Video Most ignorant thing a Christian has told you Mental Outlaw 64 10734 March 1, 2015 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  My short story robvalue 8 1850 December 9, 2014 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  We are nothing for suffering (my story) MattMVS7 37 7083 October 8, 2014 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Would a story like this shock anyone I wonder? robvalue 25 4761 September 2, 2014 at 1:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Very sad story Dosolid 21 4373 June 9, 2014 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: psychoslice
  Mormon To Atheist, Here's My Story LivingNumbers6.626 14 3570 April 7, 2014 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: truthBtold