Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kenya making “huge progress” in fight against HIV/AIDS
Kenya making “huge progress” in fight against HIV/AIDS
http://www.trust.org/item/20130910131526...9g17t20w13

Quote:NAIROBI (Thomson Reuters Foundation) – Kenya is making great strides in tackling HIV/AIDS, with a fall in the HIV positive population and a surge in the number of people getting tested and receiving treatment, according to a government survey released on Tuesday.

Kenya has the fourth largest HIV positive population in the world, after South Africa, Nigeria and India. But the number of Kenyans living with the disease fell from 1.4 million to 1.2 million between 2007 and 2012, the 2012 Kenya Aids Indicator Survey revealed on Tuesday.

The prevalence of HIV among adults dropped from 7.2 to 5.6 percent in the same period.

“We’ve made huge progress in Kenya both in reducing the number of new infections and getting people living with HIV on treatment,” Maya Harper, the United Nations AIDS country director, said at the launch of the report. “Testing, knowledge of status, male circumcision in Nyanza, access to treatment – I think those have been great leaps forward in Kenya in the last five years.”

keep it up, guys!
RE: Kenya making “huge progress” in fight against HIV/AIDS
Did you say Kenya?

Good news, but male circumcision against a virus infection..? Yeah, I don't buy it.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(September 17, 2013 at 4:34 am)pocaracas Wrote: keep it up, guys!

Arguably the heart of the issue.
Well as long as the new pope doesn't go down there and tell them that condoms cause AIDS, they'll be in good shape. They should probably also educate people that raping virgins doesn't cure HIV, either.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Condoms would work better than circumcision or as the Catholic Church would insist abstinence.
(September 17, 2013 at 7:03 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Good news, but male circumcision against a virus infection..? Yeah, I don't buy it.

Yeah... I found that extremely strange, too...
Maybe it works on the same level as with the jews... diminished pleasure from intercourse leading to less intercourse with multiple partners, leading to less infections...?
(September 17, 2013 at 2:02 pm)pocaracas Wrote:
(September 17, 2013 at 7:03 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Good news, but male circumcision against a virus infection..? Yeah, I don't buy it.

Yeah... I found that extremely strange, too...
Maybe it works on the same level as with the jews... diminished pleasure from intercourse leading to less intercourse with multiple partners, leading to less infections...?

I have a jolly good time without a turtleneck, so I doubt that, Pocaracas.
Kenya: "We have made huge leaps in the fight against AIDS, from now we have minimized the number of males who cut the tips off of the condoms by 2%"

*Crowd goes wild*
“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.” - Marcus Aurelius
(September 17, 2013 at 5:07 pm)Captain Colostomy Wrote:
(September 17, 2013 at 2:02 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Yeah... I found that extremely strange, too...

I have a jolly good time without a turtleneck, so I doubt that, Pocaracas.

Maybe it's not as jolly as I do with my turtleneck... Wink Now scale that to an entire country...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is prostatin not the cure to HIV highdimensionman 2 554 May 23, 2022 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Making and using acellular blood vessels, it's pretty damn cool! brewer 1 410 May 31, 2019 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The HIV plan brewer 2 273 February 7, 2019 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  What are your favorite examples of evolution in progress? shadow 41 6652 November 16, 2017 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  If this works it could be Huge. brewer 4 1150 April 24, 2017 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Setback in controlling HIV/AIDS TaraJo 27 4888 December 7, 2013 at 6:09 pm
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Greeks self-inject HIV to claim benefits pocaracas 6 1585 December 1, 2013 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Psykhronic
  Another step closer to ending AIDS TaraJo 5 2300 March 5, 2013 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Making the lame walk again. downbeatplumb 21 7167 November 20, 2012 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Scientists Disarm AIDS Erinome 35 9117 February 12, 2012 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious