Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The difference between god and batman
The difference between god and batman
You what to know what the difference is?
Batman isn't a homicidal narcissist.
So you would have better luck making me worship batman then Yahweh.
In fact come to think of it Batman's story since the dark night reboot is also a lot more believable then the bible too.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: The difference between god and batman
(September 27, 2013 at 7:50 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Batman isn't a homicidal narcissist.

I'm actually not sure about that.
(September 27, 2013 at 7:51 pm)Insanity x Wrote:
(September 27, 2013 at 7:50 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Batman isn't a homicidal narcissist.

I'm actually not sure about that.

I thought batman doesn't kill anyone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1byycwl8qgc
Quote:I thought batman doesn't kill anyone?

On the contrary, Batman deals out death like some two fisted engine of retribution. He's hung people, crush them under cars, burned them alive, starved them to death, etc.

And - for the record - Bruce Wayne is the narcissist. Batman, not so much.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Apparently Superman deals out death now as well. I'm losing my faith in the DC world as of late.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(September 27, 2013 at 8:00 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:I thought batman doesn't kill anyone?

On the contrary, Batman deals out death like some two fisted engine of retribution. He's hung people, crush them under cars, burned them alive, starved them to death, etc.

And - for the record - Bruce Wayne is the narcissist. Batman, not so much.

Boru

Interesting. I'm not much of a batman fan and I won't be looking through the comic books to check but that makes more sense. I've met fans who told me he doesn't kill people. That it's his code.

My fave is ironman anyways <3.
Quote:Interesting. I'm not much of a batman fan and I won't be looking through the comic books to check but that makes more sense. I've met fans who told me he doesn't kill people. That it's his code.

It is his code. That's why the Bat is a great, steaming hypocrite.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
There are plenty of differences, but what they share is that they are both equally real.
(September 27, 2013 at 7:52 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote:
(September 27, 2013 at 7:51 pm)Insanity x Wrote: I'm actually not sure about that.

I thought batman doesn't kill anyone?
Batman just doesn't use guns. Death is not the issue. Guns are. Which only goes to show guns don't kill people batman kills people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4517 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 13614 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Similarities Between the Christian God and Abusive Spouses Jesster 18 3173 September 4, 2016 at 11:29 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What's the Difference Between a Translation and a Version Rhondazvous 19 11704 May 13, 2015 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Parallels Between Osiris and Jesus Senshi 12 3251 April 21, 2014 at 3:01 am
Last Post: Confused Ape
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12322 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  how do you tell the difference between a false prophet and a 'genuinely' god-powered one with 'real' revelati Mark 13:13 43 15804 January 9, 2013 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Mark 13:13
  Kountze cheerleaders happily breaking down the barrier between church and state. Ziploc Surprise 14 5451 September 27, 2012 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  What is the difference between faith and gullibility? Puddleglum 18 13230 September 25, 2012 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Reasonable_Jeff
  Paradoxical relationship between belief and faith. Whateverist 21 9904 August 7, 2012 at 12:08 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused