Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 4:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between the Bible and the Torah; or between Christians and Jews
Difference between the Bible and the Torah; or between Christians and Jews
I was hesitated in terms of posting here or in the "religion" section; but the "Christian" section seems more specific.

I want to know the differences between the Torah -the Jewish Holy Book-, and the Bible.
As far as I understand,

-a Christian would believe in both the Torah -old testament- and the new testament.
-a Jew would believe in the Torah -old testament-.

Moreover; is the new testament a mere "documentation for the dreams/visions/predictions of different saints and priests"?

I really feel confused; so I'll appreciate it a lot if somebody cleared that up !
RE: Difference between the Bible and the Torah; or between Christians and Jews
(September 29, 2017 at 5:29 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: I was hesitated in terms of posting here or in the "religion" section; but the "Christian" section seems more specific.

I want to know the differences between the Torah -the Jewish Holy Book-, and the Bible.
As far as I understand,

-a Christian would believe in both the Torah -old testament- and the new testament.
-a Jew would believe in the Torah -old testament-.

Moreover; is the new testament a mere "documentation for the dreams/visions/predictions of different saints and priests"?

I really feel confused; so I'll appreciate it a lot if somebody cleared that up !

You should be confused. The Old and the New Testament are the bullshit fairy tales from which the Koran was plagiarized.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Difference between the Bible and the Torah; or between Christians and Jews
Well yeah there must be some unbridgeable differences since all Abrahamic religions are at war with each-other since the moment they started existing.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44025 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6437 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Saints writings on Jews Fake Messiah 14 2459 December 21, 2019 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Why did the Jews lie about Jesus? Fake Messiah 65 5584 March 28, 2019 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7761 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The connection between Christianity and Capitalism Cecelia 43 4517 August 22, 2018 at 12:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 2583 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 13606 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Do right wing Christians read the bible? Won2blv 19 3641 October 16, 2016 at 5:59 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Similarities Between the Christian God and Abusive Spouses Jesster 18 3171 September 4, 2016 at 11:29 am
Last Post: robvalue