Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 8:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Dependents and money for consoles
[split] Dependents and money for consoles
As kids I and my younger bro were never allowed a game console for years... because it was considered less healthy than PC since they were specifically for games... and PCs can do all sorts of things.

So we were allowed to have PC games, but not allowed gaming consoles...

A few years later that changed and my parents loosened up and said we could have them... and now my other brother and my two sisters can also have them!

There's some advantages being the oldest/the older ones in the family, and also some disadvantages Wink

EvF
RE: I have a better question, Xbox 360 or PS3?
(October 19, 2009 at 10:49 am)Eilonnwy Wrote: When you have a 12 year gap between your middle child and youngest, there's a difference in parenting. Mostly in relation to the lack of near-age sibling and older parents who aren't as aggressive in their parenting. There are many differences in parenting between my older sister and me and my younger sister. It's almost as if my younger sister is an only child.

Yeah hehe.

There's a 12 year gap between me and my youngest brother. I'm the eldest. I'm 21 and I've got an 18 year old bro, a 15 year old sis, a 12 year old sis and a 8 year old bro.

EvF
Kids break you that's for sure Big Grin
(October 19, 2009 at 5:18 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Yeah hehe.

There's a 12 year gap between me and my youngest brother. I'm the eldest. I'm 21 and I've got an 18 year old bro, a 15 year old sis, a 12 year old sis and a 8 year old bro.

EvF

I would say it's a little different for me since it goes 26, 24....11 Thinking
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
(October 19, 2009 at 10:19 pm)Eilonnwy Wrote: I would say it's a little different for me since it goes 26, 24....11 Thinking

I was referring to the 12 year gap. But yeah it's different. You are in the middle but only by two years, I'm the eldest and there's a 12 year gap between me and the youngest (my littlest bro), there's 5 of us (including me), and we are all pretty much evenly spaced out by 2.5-3.5 year gaps.

EvF
No Evie you have several dependents in your family competing for funds where E only has one to drain the parental cash cow - is what E istrying to point out.
RE: [split] Dependents and money for consoles
In an effort to keep the Xbox 360/PS3 thread on topic I split the posts.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(October 21, 2009 at 3:15 am)fr0d0 Wrote: No Evie you have several dependents in your family competing for funds where E only has one to drain the parental cash cow - is what E istrying to point out.

That and with such a Gap it's a similar situation as if she was an only child, no siblings to play with and keep her occupied. Hence my parents giving in and just getting her a console. Plus she used to play on my own. She also never played with dolls. It's a completely different thing, considering when I was a child Barbie was the big deal, for her it's Pokemon.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Anyone here agree with me in absolutely hating consoles?
Not I.

Why the hate? I can understand indifference for non-gamers, but outward hatred? What did an Xbox ever do to you? Did you mother run away with a Playstation?
- Meatball

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The concept of "spending money" as a fetish Ahriman 15 1755 December 20, 2022 at 8:49 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  What would you do if given a ton of money? Ahriman 23 954 December 27, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  [split] PSA: Hate Speech (discussion of video etc) Huggy Bear 223 7634 May 3, 2019 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [user split] Further Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such. Angrboda 8 1433 September 29, 2018 at 8:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Making money online. paulpablo 25 2298 September 10, 2018 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Banana split. Gawdzilla Sama 7 755 July 18, 2018 at 2:41 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  The most wasted money ...... KittyAnn 38 3271 July 4, 2018 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  [split] AF Hall of Shame, various discussion including Denmark & bible contradiction Edwardo Piet 181 13769 March 1, 2018 at 5:49 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  What if you had the power to reinvent money ErGingerbreadMandude 26 4519 October 8, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [split] I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night Jesster 229 28574 July 17, 2017 at 2:22 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude