Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ah....the Power of Ridicule!
Ah....the Power of Ridicule!
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/24...tail=email

Quote:Last night, The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi introduced the world to Don Yelton, the Republican precinct chairman for North Carolina's Asheville area.

Don Yelton is an unashamed, blatant, in-your-face racist. Listening to him talk about 'lazy blacks' and how you used to 'have' to 'call them negros' but now they get to say 'nig-er this and nig-er that' but he doesn't get to but it's all good because one of his best friends is black...on national TV mind you...my jaw dropped. When Mandvi asked if he understood that 'we could hear him' (as in, you do know that you are saying these things out loud...right?), I cheered.

Today, Don Yelton resigned. Good riddance to bad trash. Despicable man.
RE: Ah....the Power of Ridicule!
I love Aasif Mandvi. He's hilarious.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
What an idiot.
It's the millions of racists in the Republican party who make the rest of them look bad.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
In many subjects I try to put myself in the other person's perspective and try to assimilate why they think the way they do, or how. I'm not saying agree with them, I just try to find a reasoning that sort of makes sense in order to have something to go by when discussing the subject. When it comes to racism, I just don't get it. I can understand hating a group of people for something that has merit. For example, I am in favor of gay marriage. I think it is silly that someone would not be, since it's none of their business. I can, however, put myself in their shoes (the opposite stance) and understand the reasoning behind it (though lame) and then go by that to discuss. I won't agree, but I understand that there is a reason as stupid as it might be. There is merit (per se). Someone is doing something that they don't like. On the other hand, when someone is black they were born black. They had no choosing. There is no merit in the color of the skin.

I really don't get it.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
Hence you'll never win the GOP nomination for President.
"Nigger" is an attitude, and NOT a skin color. I know as many 'white' niggers as I do 'black', 'yellow' and 'tan' niggers. Hell, I even know some Christian niggers.
right, Miley.
Pointing around: "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out!"
Half Baked

"Let the atheists come to me, and stop keeping them away, because the kingdom of heathens belongs to people like these." -Saint Bacon
(October 25, 2013 at 6:16 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: "Nigger" is an attitude, and NOT a skin color. I know as many 'white' niggers as I do 'black', 'yellow' and 'tan' niggers. Hell, I even know some Christian niggers.

attitude??????

Nigger comes from the Latin word negro and means black, so essentialy nigger means nothing else than black.

And as far as I know, "der Neger" and "le negre" are swearwords in Germany and France not assosciated with an attitude but with skincolor.
(October 25, 2013 at 6:24 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote:
(October 25, 2013 at 6:16 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: "Nigger" is an attitude, and NOT a skin color. I know as many 'white' niggers as I do 'black', 'yellow' and 'tan' niggers. Hell, I even know some Christian niggers.

attitude??????

Nigger comes from the Latin word negro and means black, so essentialy nigger means nothing else than black.

And as far as I know, "der Neger" and "le negre" are swearwords in Germany and France not assosciated with an attitude but with skincolor.

Come spend a week in my neck of the woods - we have white niggers everywhere. In the S.F Bay Area, we have a diversity of skin colors, but the 'nigger attitude' can be found among them all. I am aware or the word's origin, but around here, it means something else.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who has the power Spongebob 19 1043 January 23, 2022 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5364 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1241 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Power of Freedom vs. Hate Speech Laws Mechaghostman2 13 1626 May 1, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Racism = Prejudice + Power? Mechaghostman2 1 504 August 2, 2017 at 7:32 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Political figure endorsement of news orgs = abuse of power? Tea Earl Grey Hot 6 1167 March 9, 2017 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Average balance of power of all three branches. Brian37 7 1065 December 2, 2016 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Dems vs Repubs = no difference? Which party is more wed to power than to any issue? Whateverist 39 3882 October 25, 2016 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  48 laws of power art of seduction 33 strategies of war ect nintendo048 9 2369 March 31, 2014 at 11:17 am
Last Post: nintendo048
  Egypt - Army seizes power. Something completely different 34 7855 July 8, 2013 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: cratehorus