Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You might be an Atheist...
You might be an Atheist...
I just posted this in a response, but I thought this would be a better way to share it. I enjoy Daniel Dennett and his approach to religion. He's a bit less abrasive than our resident Minimalist, but we I like him anyway. I thought this was pretty funny. I hope you guys do too! Later!

RE: You might be an Atheist...
lol cool
I used not to mind, but now I get rather pissy when I am referred to as a redneck. I`m fucking southern and yes there is a difference! lol The term redneck reminds me too much of trash and I am not trash though I submit to be surrounded by it. But with all the trash I would still rather live down here with the religious nut jobs then go to the north. And yes I know not all the north is cold, cloudy, and big cities with high crime rates and cramped streets, but there is enough of it to keep me away from that side.
(November 10, 2013 at 8:02 pm)justin Wrote: I used not to mind, but now I get rather pissy when I am referred to as a redneck. I`m fucking southern and yes there is a difference! lol The term redneck reminds me too much of trash and I am not trash though I submit to be surrounded by it. But with all the trash I would still rather live down here with the religious nut jobs then go to the north. And yes I know not all the north is cold, cloudy, and big cities with high crime rates and cramped streets, but there is enough of it to keep me away from that side.

I understand what you mean all too well. I moved to Virginia from Texas 7 years ago with The Navy. I miss the southern hospitality.
Spent time in Texas when I was about 16. Wish I could go back, however with Rick Perry and all his B.S I think I`ll be thankful for having some space between me and him. Creationist wack-job needs help.
Quote:He's a bit less abrasive than our resident Minimalist,

He's a pussy-footer.
(November 11, 2013 at 12:53 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:He's a bit less abrasive than our resident Minimalist,

He's a pussy-footer.

I'm surprised that's the impression you get...

Perhaps you prefer this sort of approach?
Jesus Stoning

(November 11, 2013 at 12:24 am)justin Wrote: Spent time in Texas when I was about 16. Wish I could go back, however with Rick Perry and all his B.S I think I`ll be thankful for having some space between me and him. Creationist wack-job needs help.

Yup! Rick Perry is a nutsack. We had a change of command last year, and he came as the guest speaker for my Commanding Officer that was getting relieved. He sounded like a moron.

Justin, what's in that picture on your profile? It looks like a scarecrow.
Jesus Stoning

Indeed!
I thought so. It's a necessary approach. Everybody has their roles and they're all important!
(November 11, 2013 at 12:53 am)Minimalist Wrote: He's a pussy-footer.
Is this like fisting? Thinking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Skeptics might be jumping to conclusions Transcended Dimensions 357 54142 April 27, 2018 at 7:14 am
Last Post: polymath257
  A Question of Dropped Pennies: How Might an Atheist Respond? Rhondazvous 33 9402 July 5, 2017 at 4:30 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Closet Atheist Coming Out and Telling Family and Friends You're An Atheist Cholley71 10 7050 September 27, 2016 at 1:01 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  2014 article in online science journal: "Atheists Might Not Exist" Whateverist 15 4088 July 4, 2016 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Here's why Creatards might be right ErGingerbreadMandude 710 70184 November 19, 2015 at 8:18 am
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  9 Questions That Atheists Might Find Insulting Raven 13 6100 June 5, 2013 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Religions I might try before becoming a full Atheist... dudeofawesome 28 6846 February 12, 2013 at 2:07 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What I think might be useful for debates and understanding one another: Darth 14 2687 October 3, 2011 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: fr0d0