Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 6:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The question that makes fundies hostile
The question that makes fundies hostile
I have noticed that if you ask a fundie whether they would prefer to live in a society in which same-sex marriage is legal or a society that allows slavery -- they get mad.

As I see it, they reason that this question bothers them so much is that it puts them in a bind. They are forced to admit that contemporary secular morality is obviously more advanced and rational than Biblical barbarism, or admit to being psychotic.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- don't pollute it with bullshit.
RE: The question that makes fundies hostile
[insert comment about being slaves to the Big Hamster Wheel of Daily Routine] or [insert comment about how voluntary slavery wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing]
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(November 25, 2013 at 4:32 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: [insert comment about being slaves to the Big Hamster Wheel of Daily Routine] or [insert comment about how voluntary slavery wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing]

I don't buy that. Slavery can't be redefined to mean anything other than the owning of another human being for the purposes of free labor.
On a side note, OP, I keep reading your name as "pantless godther".

Carry on...
(November 25, 2013 at 4:27 pm)Godlesspanther Wrote: I have noticed that if you ask a fundie whether they would prefer to live in a society in which same-sex marriage is legal or a society that allows slavery -- they get mad.

As I see it, they reason that this question bothers them so much is that it puts them in a bind. They are forced to admit that contemporary secular morality is obviously more advanced and rational than Biblical barbarism, or admit to being psychotic.

I'm a Fundie.
I would prefer to live in a society without slavery or same-sex 'marriage'.
...or greed or selfish, hedonistic sexual promiscuity, or abortion, or gambling, or drug dealers, or mental depression and self harm, or destruction of our beautiful environment, or weapons of mass destruction,

Hey, guess what, you're right. I AM getting angry.

Hey Stimbo, here's another FSTDT for ya.
(November 25, 2013 at 5:30 pm)Lion IRC Wrote:
(November 25, 2013 at 4:27 pm)Godlesspanther Wrote: I have noticed that if you ask a fundie whether they would prefer to live in a society in which same-sex marriage is legal or a society that allows slavery -- they get mad.

I'm a Fundie.
...or greed or selfish, hedonistic sexual promiscuity, or abortion, or gambling, or drug dealers, or mental depression and self harm, or destruction of our beautiful environment, or weapons of mass destruction,

And you did not answer the question. Which, in your opinion, is worse -- slavery or same sex marriage?

Does your refusal to answer the question mean that both are equally bad? Would you just flip a coin?
(November 25, 2013 at 5:30 pm)Lion IRC Wrote: I'm a Fundie.

Just blame atheism and get it over with. Next I'll be directing you toward the "Christians Endorse God's Hatred" thread. You should fit into the frame nicely.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-22073.html

(November 18, 2013 at 12:53 pm)freedomfromfallacy Wrote: I've heard many Christians say that they aren't judging anyone when they make bigoted comments, and that it is God who does the judging.That they seem to be able to disregard their blatant agreement with God's hateful judgments is the clearest example of exactly how blinding religion is.
(November 25, 2013 at 5:35 pm)Godlesspanther Wrote: And you did not answer the question. Which, in your opinion, is worse -- slavery or same sex marriage?

Does your refusal to answer the question mean that both are equally bad? Would you just flip a coin?

I don't understand why it has to be one or the other?
(November 25, 2013 at 5:56 pm)Lion IRC Wrote:
(November 25, 2013 at 5:35 pm)Godlesspanther Wrote: And you did not answer the question. Which, in your opinion, is worse -- slavery or same sex marriage?

I don't understand why it has to be one or the other?

I think that you are just playing dumb.

We both know that this is nothing close to a moral dilemma for sane and rational people. One is an advancement of civil rights (moral) the other is an atrocity (hugely immoral) -- so it's easy -- case closed.

It is a moral dilemma for completely insane and irrational people. So, among those people who have no real moral compass (fundies) we try to create a moral hierarchy with this question. Yes, we know that you find both options disturbing -- yes -- you have told us nothing. What we are asking is which is, in your opinion, worse? One or the other -- which one would be MORE abhorrent to you?
(November 25, 2013 at 5:30 pm)Lion IRC Wrote:

I'm a Fundie.

Why would you rather live In a society without those things?
Is it because you don't want them affecting you personally or do you presume to know what's best for everyone.

By the by, alcohol is a drug so technically Jesus was a drug dealer.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why the whole Adam and Eve Fall story makes no sense 1994Californication 237 35959 April 3, 2016 at 10:05 am
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  The Fundies are Whining Again drfuzzy 20 3936 February 27, 2016 at 7:40 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Iceland makes blasphemy legal zebo-the-fat 31 4946 July 4, 2015 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  NdGT makes some Twitter Jokes...Jesus Freaks Minimalist 13 3471 December 27, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Jesus makes the Old Testament old hat? The Reality Salesman01 14 3389 April 30, 2014 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Vicki Q
  What makes the Christian God different from thr thousands of other Gods out there? bluemonday 66 12129 March 8, 2014 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Church of England makes Chichester child abuse apology zebo-the-fat 7 3611 July 8, 2013 at 8:34 am
Last Post: Napoléon
  Poor Fundies.....Hell is A Literary Construct, Too! Minimalist 128 58592 May 24, 2013 at 5:43 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Bullshit Makes The Flowers Grow Minimalist 5 2229 December 29, 2012 at 5:55 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why Fundies Say I'm Not a Christian greneknight 51 17988 September 11, 2012 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Polaris