Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The progression of the Pope
The progression of the Pope
I saw this photo online earlier:

[Image: Y33CL7u.jpg]

I think it goes to show the progress the Catholic Church is making under Pope Francis. The guy's done a shit ton, obviously aside from getting a new chair, to indicate that the Church is going down a much better direction. All you have to do is google about him or watch the news to see it.

So props to my man France.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

RE: The progression of the Pope
I'll give you "less tacky". Not much more.
"There's always a bigger fish."
Qui-Gon Jin (Star Wars)
Is he sitting on the holy shitter?
If they don't want that old throne, I will gladly take it off their hands. I'll have to clear some space to make room for it.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- don't pollute it with bullshit.
I'm still not a Catholic and probably never will be, but, damn, Pope Francis is still the best damn pope the Catholic church has had in a long time. I hope he lasts a long time.

Still, it's only a matter before the conservative Christians get pissed over this. People like Rick Santorum are eventually going to have to face the fact that he stands up for policies that are directly opposite of what the infaliable leader of his church believes. If the pope keeps it up, something's gotta give eventually.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
(December 1, 2013 at 11:07 pm)TaraJo Wrote: I'm still not a Catholic and probably never will be, but, damn, Pope Francis is still the best damn pope the Catholic church has had in a long time. I hope he lasts a long time.

Still, it's only a matter before the conservative Christians get pissed over this. People like Rick Santorum are eventually going to have to face the fact that he stands up for policies that are directly opposite of what the infaliable leader of his church believes. If the pope keeps it up, something's gotta give eventually.

This!

I'm also not a Catholic and most American right wing nuts I know don't even consider Catholics to be "christians". But Damn I can't help but love this guy!

The seems to be a strong movement for "prosperity theology" in the US especially at the moment. I suppose it's the modern day equivalent of "might is right".

I'll give props to any religious leader of any stripe who challenges that.

Plus as I mentioned in another thread, Rush Limbaugh has already come out and snagged him off. Anyone that walking talking argument for retroactive birth control doesn't like must be doing something right!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(December 2, 2013 at 4:21 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: I'm also not a Catholic and most American right wing nuts I know don't even consider Catholics to be "christians".

Which is funny, because they're the largest, most powerful Christian denomination in the world. It's also why the GOP doesn't want to alienate them. I honestly think that, within Republican circles, the pope is just going to be the big white elephant in the room, that everyone knows is there, but nobody ever talks about. Because talking about him or his beliefs might convince people to not support them or their political party.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
I have to give him more kudos for having his picture taken with Patti Smith.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste -- don't pollute it with bullshit.
Quote:Pope Francis is still the best damn pope the Catholic church has had in a long time.

You aren't setting the bar very high there, dear.
Perhaps Francis is a True ChristianTM..? Thinking
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pope Francis apologises for Canada residential school harms zebo-the-fat 10 1312 April 5, 2022 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Ex-Pope Benedict XVI blames 1960s revolution for sex abuse zebo-the-fat 27 3424 April 17, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: brewer
  Why do cardinals get to elect the Pope? Fake Messiah 26 1371 March 13, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Pope Fuckface Is Either Losing His Mind Or Remembered How The Church Traditionally Minimalist 12 2157 October 10, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Pope's visit to Ireland turning into a fiasco? Fake Messiah 11 2269 August 27, 2018 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3633 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Pope says in interview that there is no hell. downbeatplumb 56 9813 April 16, 2018 at 8:53 pm
  Priest publicly wishes for Pope's quick death... c172 18 4858 March 22, 2018 at 1:10 am
Last Post: c172
  Catholics warring against the Pope? Fake Messiah 29 7527 November 27, 2017 at 6:52 am
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5535 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus