Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, the irony!
Thumbs Up 
Oh, the irony!
So, my sister that is a devout catholic has a 13 month baby girl (hmmmm, BBQ) and she was saying that her daughter will not be brought up with the Santa Claus delusion, that christmas is a celebration of Jesus...

I stood there for a minute, just letting it sink for a moment, and said to her: "Really? Do tell what other delusions are you going to keep away from your child?"

She already baptized the toddler, in that moment, she was so close, yet, so far away! Big Grin
RE: Oh, the irony!
Dude... wait a few years... then dress up as santa for christmas! Tongue
Ah childrearing. A long line of trying to work out what truths your children are ready for.
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
Erm, Saint Nick is catholic doctrine...
Nemo me impune lacessit.
I do enjoy tormenting my sisters with the reality of their beliefs, when then try to use god as a logical step, that is Big Grin
(December 2, 2013 at 10:20 am)Stue Denim Wrote: Erm, Saint Nick is catholic doctrine...

And then some...

wiki Wrote:The historical Saint Nicholas is commemorated and revered among Anglican,[6] Catholic, Lutheran, and Orthodox Christians. In addition, some Baptist,[7] Methodist,[8] Presbyterian,[9] and Reformed churches have been named in honor of Saint Nicholas.[10] Saint Nicholas is the patron saint of sailors, merchants, archers, thieves, children, pawnbrokers and students in various cities and countries around Europe. He was also a patron of the Varangian Guard of the Byzantine emperors, who protected his relics in Bari.
HA! They can't prove this guy doesn't exist!

[Image: bigstock_Ilustration_for_Christmas_and__...87x300.jpg]

I saw him the other day at the mall...

I've seen him too...
You think it was the same guy?
Take it away Jon Stewart:

[Image: original.gif]
My daughter, aged 6 at the time, asked me very seriously if I actually brought her the presents from father Christmas. On the basis that she saw father Christmas in lots of different places (shopping centres, school etc) at tge same time and she suspected it to be a person dressed up.

I came back with "well, he's magic he can be in more than one place at a time" to which she looked at me like a halfwit and asked me why if that was the case, did he look different in all the different places? And why was it he was happy for everyone to see him in the mall, but said when he came at Xmas she had to pretend to be asleep so she DIDN'T see him?

Scary child!
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Irony... dyresand 4 673 January 26, 2016 at 2:55 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Tongue Hall of Irony Bob Kelso 0 1314 June 26, 2015 at 4:53 am