Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RANT
RANT
Ok, some of the wiser people here say 'facebook is full of idiots'. It is, but I just ignore them because of all the funny and informative stuff.

Alternately, I have relatives that I don't really know, only met 20 years ago...
Well one is super religious and posts petitions and bible verses and anti-abortion pro-life shit.

I leave it alone, unless her posts ask questions and invite answers.
This one did. Stupid comic 'My house, my boat, my car (throwing a baby out), my body (in front of an abortion clinic)' and the question was 'if we can't expel a baby from our home, why can we do it from our body'.
It was a question
So I answered to the effect of "My line of thought is that science exists, that I'm not going to try and abort at 5 months (the chic walking into the clinic had a pretty rotund belly already), that's too far developed"... I also said something like "if I don't want a big ass tree in my yard I'm best getting rid of it while it's s sapling".
She responded with bible verse, to which I said "Bible, cool but that book gives me no knowledge and I give it no credence, so... sorry."
She had no response, but some of her friends responded...
One said
"I gave you science, you ignorant little girl" (Those silly christians always speaking on behalf of their god even though I'm pretty sure that's a grave wrong doing, only God can speak for himself)
To which I said "YOU didn't give me anything, science suffered and tirelessly progressed over years despite the consequence so you could know what you do about the world...."

And another said
"Oh you christians I agree with you both and it's so sad Sad that others do not"
Boohoo.

I then responded with something "say you're stupid and lazy and stop working. Is God going to keep your electric running despite the bills? No, it's the neighber that felt sorry for you, or yourself who got off the couch and started earning a paycheck, NOT god."

To which my cousin, the person who's post I was initially responding, said "it's clear by the way you always attack my posts that you're really not sure of your standing on god. I continually pray for you and ask all my other brothers and sisters (the idiot friends who were commenting against me) to pray for her too, as she's sorely confused and crying for attention"

To which I said "your post asked a question, I answered. If you don't want to see the comments of the opposing viewpoint, maybe include the disclaimer...'Those who's viewpoints differ from mine will be viewed as picking a fight'.

Than she said 'yes but you only comment on stuff like this, clearly you're begging for guidance. I'll help you in PM but not on the comment section'

To which I said 'Ok, so no thought provoking and open ended discussion for you' and then unfriended.

Fuck this stupid ignorant bitch.
Tarz-Alex MAD!!!!! smash. Hulk smash. Hulk-a mania.

I had to tell someone and my mom's sorta religious so I couldn't unload on her. My friends as well, either the truth hurts too much to hear or they just don't care about eternal salvation one way or another.

Phew.... kind of off my chest.
I would love to meet someone here around me that I could just offload all this stupid nonsense with. I get to typing furiously here but it's just not the same as raising my voice and SAYING fuck... typing fuck just doesn't give it gusto....(begin random key poke stress reducing sequence)
al;kwfae098ewaoijfa/knasbfakfwo; aj;olkavns vShocklnvasolaewofajladskjvpao9eiutrWP DJ F'KJG AD;LIHSRF

End /Rant

*Edited... not edited. Upon review I'm hating all the errors. Seeing red apparently more than blinds me to correct punctuation and grammar.
[Image: CheerUp_zps63df8a6b.jpg]
Thanks to Cinjin for making it more 'sig space' friendly.
RE: RANT
Well I'd say you handled that rather well.

Yea it's annoying, I've commented on prolife friend's fb posts before but the majority were on my side instead of his. That makes me feel like the world isn't as insane.
I've recently adopted a rather useful perspective in such situations. I couldn't care less if someone wants to believe in an imaginary friend. They can pray to it, and have gatherings of like-minded people surrounding it. They can pray for me and even consider me "lost" or in need of a savior - that's all fine with me. They can even bomb fb with ridiculous stuff supposedly supporting their claims, and even nag and defame atheists all day. Consider how weak and fearful they all must be to learn that others don't share their delusion. How frail must their God be if they feel compelled to constantly soldier his hatred onward? Conversely, how great is the peace of a free thinker who searches for new answers daily? My level of peace and contentment surpasses that of theists so fully and so readily, that I need not defend my position. The line gets drawn when they come to my door, or seek to enact legislation that will restrict my expressions and erode human freedoms. They can fb and do church til their Jewish zombie freak returns, but if they seek to convert me through coercion, they'll find that my resolve is also much greater than that of their pathetic "God".
See why I prefer the "Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass" reply? So much simpler than arguing with those idiots.
[Image: k-bigpic.jpg]
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
Flax-en-butch-york-sively-ness-ity.

I am not past it yet I guess. I cannot, and have no inclination to, ignore those who are more foolishly ignorant than I. "Awww that hurt your feelings? Well it's a good thing for you that violence doesn't show you the 'truth way and life', otherwise boot to your head and see if I made a dent" (pun intended).

I'd rather come off as a person in severe need of rant release here, even if it's irrational at times, than as 'ignorant' or 'less-informed' or 'pitiful' and 'in need of prayer' anywhere else.
[Image: CheerUp_zps63df8a6b.jpg]
Thanks to Cinjin for making it more 'sig space' friendly.
I don't have facebook, and this is one of the reasons why.

I do not believe I am missing anything. I'm certainly not missing this kind of crapulous fuckwaddery.
People post stupid shit on Facebook, normally I ignore it. Sometimes I want to simply post, "Just so you know, God does not exist" but that wouldn't be productive.
Rant away Owlix ....we all have been there. You DO eventually get to the point/ position as FFF has described. Heart *hugs*
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(December 6, 2013 at 5:55 pm)Owlix Wrote: and then unfriended.

Yeah, you probably should of just done that before even responding to their post.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Self entitled meaningless rant. Brian37 4 745 October 22, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why should I be ashamed? A rant by a Mexican. J a c k 61 10338 March 20, 2018 at 6:26 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Can I rant for a second, about parents NuclearEnergy 12 2146 December 20, 2016 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: PETE_ROSE
  OP/ED RANT... "You live in your parent's basment" Brian37 59 9421 May 1, 2016 at 6:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Rant about weight, fat acceptance, obesity and health Dystopia 49 9217 October 30, 2015 at 11:17 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Late night rant geckomamasita 1 1256 October 4, 2015 at 3:59 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Rant time The Valkyrie 8 2108 July 8, 2015 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: c172
  'God' is starting to make less sense to me. (rant) IanHulett 45 6612 June 19, 2015 at 7:40 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  AF Rant thread. Iroscato 30 3398 June 4, 2015 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  [rant] Gave church 5 months to answer my questions. What was I thinking? IanHulett 3 1491 May 10, 2015 at 9:57 pm
Last Post: robvalue