Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ok Atheists! I have God Delusion!
Ok Atheists! I have God Delusion!
I have The God Delusion!!! You have until the end of my day Easter Sunday (that's today, suckers) to woo me over to your side!!!! Any takers?? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller??? Smile

- CL
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Ok Atheists! I have God Delusion!
Meh. For all I know we all missed the boat, and are really small plastic pellets that are being chased (unbeknownst to us) by a pack of Hungry Hippos.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Why would I wish to deprive you of your resurrected Jewish superman? You seem nice enough. Enjoy your delusion.
(April 1, 2018 at 9:40 am)c172 Wrote: Meh. For all I know we all missed the boat, and are really small plastic pellets that are being chased (unbeknownst to us) by a pack of Hungry Hippos.

Lol nice
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Happy dead jew on a stick day Smile
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

True conversion can only be accomplished while naked in a tub of lime green jello.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(April 1, 2018 at 10:08 am)mh.brewer Wrote: True conversion can only be accomplished while naked in a tub of lime green jello.

This is true. 

I have a book that says so.
(April 1, 2018 at 9:36 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I have The God Delusion!!! You have until the end of my day Easter Sunday (that's today, suckers) to woo me over to your side!!!! Any takers?? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller??? Smile

- CL

CL, you know I like you, but I won't give you a pass just like I don't give anyone of any religion a pass. And especially with me, you wont get to hide behind the label "Catholic" because you already know I am a former Catholic.

The entire 3 day myth of that end of life story NEVER HAPPENED.

If you were to murder someone in the manor as implied by the story, in reality that person WOULD STAY DEAD.

In reality, when a human dies in ANY MANOR, beyond a window, after enough brain cells and neurological damage happens to the brain and or the rest of the organs, your brain and body PERMANENTLY die. After that,  any blood left in the body gets pooled to the lowest point by gravity and body position. Then your body stiffens also known as rigor mortis. NOPE sorry, nobody comes back from that, and nobody ever has come back from that.

That is a myth, it was written to compete with the Hebrews and other pagan mythologies in hero worship of it's time. 

I know you think this is merely an April Fools joke on your part. But I am not joking in my response here. 

If you can accept that Elephant gods, and fat guy statues and claims of Apollo are not valid. It should be pretty easy to understand human beings back then didn't know any better. 

Humans in ALL OF ANTIQUITY made horrible guesses as to the nature of reality. Humans back then did not have the benefit of modern science. Humans back then in every religion truly believed in their super natural legends and a divine magic super power. Just like today, if you really want to believe the lady at the Vegas Magic show was really sawed in half, you will. 

Christianity existing only is proof of it existing, but none of the fantastic claims, not even the birth or death mythologies of the Jesus character as implied by the bible are scientifically possible. You murder someone as implied like the myth does, if you really did that, the person would stay dead.
You already have a God delusion but thankfully you now own the book The God Delusion so hopefully your God delusion will disappear!

Don't forget that we're all being governed by shapeshifting lizards though.
Could God create a pizza roll so hot even he could not eat it? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Checkmate.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Atheists and Agnostics that have child Eclectic 11 1143 August 28, 2022 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  the atheist delusion(who started it or that notion?) Quill01 2 560 July 25, 2022 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  We atheists now have our own social network rado84 16 1684 August 12, 2021 at 7:51 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2776 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Does Atheists have acceptability ? hindu 40 4449 July 18, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Have you met people criticizing atheists who use the expression OMG Der/die AtheistIn 30 4091 April 3, 2019 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Dawkins writing kid's version of "The God Delusion" - you mad bro? Foxaèr 35 5484 August 2, 2018 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2176 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Thought on this video about "Atheist delusion"? Macoleco 3 1294 October 30, 2017 at 8:56 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists who have never read common atheist literature ComradeMeow 68 9630 March 2, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Cephus