Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 10:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington D.C.'s Catholic Churches Blackmail
Washington D.C.'s Catholic Churches Blackmail
FULL ARTICLE: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/13/us/13m...ntemail1=y

Quote:WASHINGTON — The fight over a proposed same-sex marriage law here heated up this week as the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington said that if the law passed, the church would cut its social service programs that help residents with adoption, homelessness and health care.

Under the bill, which has the mayor’s support and is expected to pass next month, religious organizations would not be required to perform same-sex weddings or make space available for them.

But officials from the archdiocese said they feared the law might require them to extend employee benefits to same-sex married couples. As a result, they said, the archdiocese would have to abandon its contracts with the city if the law passed... (Read More)

Right... Sooo... I don't think the Catholic church in D.C. has morals anymore. e.o

For TL;DRers:

If DC passes the law for same-sex marriage, the Catholic church will stop doing charity work.
╔═╪══╬═╦╦═╬══╪═╗
║♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ McGodless! ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ║
Bah-bah-bah-bah-bahhh~!
║♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ I'm lovin' it! ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪║
╚═╪══╬═╩╩═╬══╪═╝

"And God said, drunk, 'Let there be Tails Turrosaki,' and there was Tails."
RE: Washington D.C.'s Catholic Churches Blackmail
That's great so kids needing adoption and homeless and sick ppl get to suffer more! Some reverse logic being applied there I think.
It's a ridiculous thing... but at least it should give some more public support to same-sex marriage laws Smile (However much i disagree with marriage of course, they still deserve the right to marry) Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Hands up all those who are surprised.

Anyone.

Anyone.

The catholic church shows again its about control and money.

Just let me remind you that the pope left the Nazis to join a slightly more right wing organisation.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Lol. *organization, by the way...

Anywayyys~... I think this is turning back into the 1500s where the church thinks they have control over everything... Irony is, it's the Roman Catholic Church again. 8D
╔═╪══╬═╦╦═╬══╪═╗
Bah-bah-bah-bah-bahhh~!
╚═╪══╬═╩╩═╬══╪═╝

*organisation is English Tongue
Over here it's spelled organization, but I just checked and both spellings work. Go figure. 8D
╔═╪══╬═╦╦═╬══╪═╗
Bah-bah-bah-bah-bahhh~!
╚═╪══╬═╩╩═╬══╪═╝

(November 15, 2009 at 6:19 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: That's great so kids needing adoption and homeless and sick ppl get to suffer more! Some reverse logic being applied there I think.
Suffering is good for the soul though! Or something like suffering like Christ... At least thats what I've heard justification for Mother Theresa refusing to let contractors build elevators in her hospitals for free.

I hope the Church receives a huge backlash over this. Two consenting adults who happen to have the same genitals and love each other are not at all related when it comes to caring for the sick, the homeless and the orphaned.
The innocent always have to suffer. These religious fucktards (AKA idiotheists) need to STFU. T3T
╔═╪══╬═╦╦═╬══╪═╗
Bah-bah-bah-bah-bahhh~!
╚═╪══╬═╩╩═╬══╪═╝

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A majority Catholic country did this LinuxGal 4 679 September 7, 2023 at 5:46 am
Last Post: no one
  make friends with both washington and moscow Interaktive 8 1007 March 22, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: fredd bear
  John Oliver And The Chaos in Washington Minimalist 3 841 October 9, 2017 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  This Catholic nun gets it Doubting Thomas 19 3398 February 23, 2017 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  The Vagina Sniffers War on Women Moves to Washington Minimalist 62 6105 January 19, 2017 at 10:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Is John Boehner the dumbest fuck in Washington? Minimalist 4 1547 February 28, 2015 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Vox Populi
  The eastern churches and homophobia, racism and other... Something completely different 3 2073 March 25, 2013 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  The Catholic Witch-hunt Creed of Heresy 2 1292 February 15, 2013 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  It's not just Catholic priests anymore TaraJo 10 2871 February 8, 2013 at 9:42 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  We The People, help stop Churches from being exempt from Tax! supernerdboy 8 2415 January 22, 2013 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Aractus