Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thought For The Day
Thought For The Day
Hello all

As a Radio 4 Listener (translation to non UK members: Boring individual) I end up listening to 'Thought for the day' and always wondered why only the religeous were given a voice.

I came accross this bit of news [Link: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8365755.stm] (please type in adding manually with http:// on the front as I haven't done enough posts to post links)and my instinct is to go on a rant.

I won't do that but would be interested to hear what other people think.

All the best

Chris
Archeologists near mount Sinai have discovered what is believed to be a
missing page from the Bible. The page is currently being carbon dated in
Bonn. If genuine it belongs at the beginning of the Bible and is believed to
read "To my darling Candy. All characters portrayed within this book are
fictitous and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely
coincidental." - Newsreader in 'Red Dwarf 2: Better Than Life'
RE: Thought For The Day
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8365755.stm

Allow me.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Injustice indeed. Religious and non-religious people should have their voices heard in this program.

No body should have special privilegeds, especially the religious. In matters of this.
Freedom is the ability to march to the beat of a different drummer without fear of retribution. Secularone

Ignorance is bliss but understanding is wonderful. Atheist forums.org
You are boring indeed Chris Tongue Big Grin ..I was forced to listen to Radio Four for a few years. There is some great stuff but some of that stuff is brain frying (see what happenned!!! Wink Tongue) haha)

Don't/ haven't they talk/ed about this a lot? On the rare occasion I tune in I don't like it. I seem to remember that on rare occasions it's been good.

Then maybe this is evidence of the way atheism is regarded. A humanist expressing their world view tends to be critical rather than purely positive as religion is... is the way the non religious are regarded. After all, atheism has no point other than a lack of something... not exactly a subject.
Wink 
Thanks for doing the link leo-rcc hope "Hug a Pastafarian" FSM Grin week was all you hoped for.

You didn't have to be so quick to agree with me fr0d0 re being boring LOL ROFLOL it's just one of those morning rituals of having the radio on while getting breakfast ready. I have managed to stop wearing anoraks and weaned myself off obsesively watching birds (ornithology), I was almost over the cancelation of "Dr Who" Worship (large) but that's not an issue any more.

Great to hear from you all.

All the best

Chris
Archeologists near mount Sinai have discovered what is believed to be a
missing page from the Bible. The page is currently being carbon dated in
Bonn. If genuine it belongs at the beginning of the Bible and is believed to
read "To my darling Candy. All characters portrayed within this book are
fictitous and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely
coincidental." - Newsreader in 'Red Dwarf 2: Better Than Life'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Honestly, I hate the thought of god, zeus and jesus Apex1050 22 2630 July 10, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Thought on this video about "Atheist delusion"? Macoleco 3 1304 October 30, 2017 at 8:56 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  An alternative to atheist thought BlindedWantsToSee 125 24413 September 28, 2017 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Caught in deep thought dyresand 9 3874 June 21, 2017 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  There are more American Atheists than we thought Aroura 26 8682 May 27, 2017 at 11:16 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Thought id share this dyresand 16 4415 January 10, 2015 at 7:24 am
Last Post: Exian
  I thought about something that bothered me dyresand 11 2669 December 7, 2014 at 2:53 am
Last Post: Darkstar
  id thought i would share this. dyresand 2 1179 November 14, 2014 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  A thought never had BlackSwordsman 28 6453 May 18, 2014 at 3:39 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  i thought this was funny leodeo 1 1322 March 29, 2014 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: LastPoet