Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A thought never had
A thought never had
So I never thought about it much, growing up in a christian home, never saw it, never noticed it. Guess I should'a been looking harder.

Remember the story of Lucifer, perhaps we got it wrong. Perhaps he wasn't evil. Perhaps he'd simply had enough of god being a bully, a jerk, an murder. Perhaps since before he became 'satan' there was no hell.

Maybe we got it wrong, maybe after Lucifer saw the mind games god was playing with adam (maybe Lucifer knew gods plan, perhaps god bragged about what was to happen)

Perhaps the story was changed to make him appear to be the bad guy (wouldn't be the first time someone spun an innocent person out to be evil)

Perhaps when he stood up to god, god being a bullying jerk fucked over Lucifer. Perhaps Lucifer was the good guy this entire time, and was punished for standing up . . .

After all god has been the one doing all the killing, satan is gods scapegoat, his fall man.

Thoughts?
RE: A thought never had
It is all fictional, so technically one can interpret it any way one wishes.

The authors might not be too happy with the way people are interpreting their works, but they should have written a better, more believable plot.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I think that Satan is made up, so applying motives to him is rather pointless. The same with the biblical God. I think Atheists give waaaay too much credence to these stories by assuming that such fictional characters even have a motive.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(May 15, 2014 at 4:27 pm)Kitanetos Wrote: It is all fictional, so technically one can interpret it any way one wishes.

The authors might not be too happy with the way people are interpreting their works, but they should have written a better, more believable plot.

Of course it's all rubbish BUT christians often take it seriously, so hypothetically is just fun to ponder.

I don't know

Person A: KILLED MILLIONS

Person B: Killed 10, mainly because person A forced him to
When reading the biblical stories it always struck me that the Devil was more likely the real good guy of the story than God.

Very little of the Christian story actually held up to scrutiny and there is serious confusion about the whole hell issue. It appears that most Christians are not aware that Satan doesn't run hell - he is a captive there so the only one left that could actually have made it, and currently running it, is God.

That is seriously weird.

I've heard people describe the biblical God as a benign dictator. I see nothing benign.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!
You could easily interpret Satan as the better person, as long as you don't take the book's word for it that Yahweh is a good person. Actions speak louder than words, and Yahweh's actions don't speak well of him.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(May 15, 2014 at 4:48 pm)Chad32 Wrote: You could easily interpret Satan as the better person, as long as you don't take the book's word for it that Yahweh is a good person. Actions speak louder than words, and Yahweh's actions don't speak well of him.

Tell me what Satan did that makes him a good guy.
(May 15, 2014 at 5:57 pm)Lek Wrote: Tell me what Satan did that makes him a good guy.

He stood up to the corporate dick.
~ Erin Hunter
(May 15, 2014 at 5:59 pm)Kitanetos Wrote:
(May 15, 2014 at 5:57 pm)Lek Wrote: Tell me what Satan did that makes him a good guy.

He stood up to the corporate dick.

Not only is he evil, but he's stupid too.
(May 15, 2014 at 6:00 pm)Lek Wrote: Not only is he evil, but he's stupid too.

Yes, I believe we have already established that god, the corporate dick is evil.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1948 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Honestly, I hate the thought of god, zeus and jesus Apex1050 22 2626 July 10, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3200 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  The Never-Addressed reasons that lead me to Atheism Chimera7 26 3678 August 20, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Old threads of discussion I have had. Mystic 125 16619 April 3, 2018 at 4:43 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Thought on this video about "Atheist delusion"? Macoleco 3 1300 October 30, 2017 at 8:56 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  An alternative to atheist thought BlindedWantsToSee 125 24343 September 28, 2017 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: mordant
  Never had that happen before Astonished 6 2512 August 11, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Those who never believed in a God Der/die AtheistIn 28 5155 July 30, 2017 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Caught in deep thought dyresand 9 3872 June 21, 2017 at 11:55 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious