Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God doesn't follow the Golden Rule
God doesn't follow the Golden Rule
If you were destined to hell (traditionally defined as a place of everlasting torment), would you prefer to not exist at all? I think most of us would not want to exist if that was the outcome. If you had the choice of creating somebody who could only be created as destined to go to hell, would you create that person? I doubt you would.

Does God not have empathy? Creating people who can only go to hell is a violation of "do others has you would have them do unto you."
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
RE: God doesn't follow the Golden Rule
Ever notice how people who insist that objective morality exists almost always contradict themselves by insisting just as loudly that it doesn't apply to their god?

There are few things of less value and substance than laws and rules that don't apply to their makers.

If morals don't apply to everyone, they literally have no objective value.
Usually when you picture a guy that doesn't follow his own rules, and horribly punished people who break them, it's a villain and a lesson against corruption.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(January 26, 2014 at 9:10 pm)Tea Earl Grey Hot Wrote: If you were destined to hell (traditionally defined as a place of everlasting torment), would you prefer to not exist at all? I think most of us would not want to exist if that was the outcome. If you had the choice of creating somebody who could only be created as destined to go to hell, would you create that person? I doubt you would.

Does God not have empathy? Creating people who can only go to hell is a violation of "do others has you would have them do unto you."

Maybe you should be asking Does God actually say we will burn in Hell forever? Or is that dark ages church doctrine?
(January 26, 2014 at 9:10 pm)Tea Earl Grey Hot Wrote: If you were destined to hell (traditionally defined as a place of everlasting torment), would you prefer to not exist at all? I think most of us would not want to exist if that was the outcome. If you had the choice of creating somebody who could only be created as destined to go to hell, would you create that person? I doubt you would.

God did not create people for hell, they choose it regardless of what you believe.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(January 26, 2014 at 10:01 pm)Godschild Wrote:

God did not create people for hell, they choose it regardless of what you believe.

GC

You have no evidence that that is the case.

That is merely wishful thinking on your part.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.

GC

God knows the future right? God knows who's going to hell.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).

GC
Nobody chose hell. No one made him create it, or mandate that people who disagree with him go to a place of suffering. This is blackmail. It's like people choosing to burn alive in a bonfire I made because they refused to worship me. Or they chose to have their business ransacked and burned because they didn't pay their protection money.

We don't send ourselves to hell because we're not the ones who set this contrived system up. Not only that but there's a serious lack of evidence. If my dad wanted me to do something, he made damn sure I knew everything I needed t know. He didn't give me a diary he wrote, or tell someone else to tell me what he wanted. He walked over and told me in person.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

God is like a bad cop. He speeds all over the place going 90 mph in a 35 zone and never gets a ticket.
Does he like donuts?

[Image: cops_donuts-742483.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 38699 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1333 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  So, why doesn't Scripture uniquely endorse a specific denomination ? vorlon13 36 10664 November 22, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Cod
  My dad doesn't view Christianity as superior Der/die AtheistIn 0 651 November 10, 2017 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  The number one reason not to follow Christianity Aegon 43 8944 March 11, 2016 at 10:56 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion doesn't make you a better person dyresand 3 2141 August 29, 2015 at 5:10 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Doesn't this seem pathetic to you? dyresand 11 3219 August 25, 2015 at 7:52 am
Last Post: dyresand
  IF in the end you find out "God" doesn’t exist .... Cyberman 31 5169 June 26, 2015 at 7:29 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Jason Lisle: Creationism exists, but atheism doesn't Cyberman 51 11293 June 11, 2015 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  God doesn't understand iterative probability RobbyPants 8 2461 May 8, 2015 at 10:54 pm
Last Post: KevinM1