Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heroin overdose cure: It exists, but how do you get it?
Heroin overdose cure: It exists, but how do you get it?
A story from MSNBC.

I love this woman.

The governor of Maine, however, is a fucking idiot. Does he REALLY not know just what it's like to be addicted to H, or ANY opioid? Apparently not; his drug of choice was crack. When you're hooked on H [IE after the first time you try it], you don't give a fuck if you live or die after a while. You just want to always be in that high. To the point you stop breathing.

This guy just wants to say "fuck you, pull yourselves up by your bootstraps." I hope his throat gets cut open by a desperate heroin addict trying to score some cash for their next fix.

Also, can I just say this? Growing up in several of the nastiest fucking slums in the country, I saw what heroin and coke did to people, but it hadn't spread so much out from where I lived in those days. I had thought that heroin had died off, replaced by meth, but instead it looks like it's just merely become even more available while having less awareness about it being circulated. Except now it's moving further into suburbs instead of the hood,
which makes sense. With so many peoples' lives starting to fall apart, it makes sense that such a numbing drug would start gaining in popularity amongst that demographic.
RE: Heroin overdose cure: It exists, but how do you get it?
Follow the $$$$$$$
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
The attitude towards addiction in this country is sickening. I know of nurses who get mad when heroin addicts come into the ER, all in pain, and take time away from "real patients". What the fuck is a "real patient"? Pretty damn sure addiction is a health problem and thus addicts are "real patients" requiring real treatment.

There was also going to be a needle exchange close to my town, but that shit got shot down because "OH MY GOD THE HEROIN ADDICTS WILL SHOOT UP BEHIND THE BUILDING" or something.

Really, we need to be more concerned with helping these people than giving into irrational fear. I hope the heroin OD reversing drug becomes widely available - fuck those bootstrappy dickheads.
Addiction is a self-inflicted health problem, but I agree that the addicts themselves are indeed nothing more than victims of the modern world. The modern world praises sensation. And drugs provide just the sort of extreme sensation that one cannot get anywhere else.
Eliminate the drug, eliminate the problem.
Else, drug addicts are in my opinion, rather resourceful and probably people with above average IQ's, who can be useful to society, rather than being a liability. They can be rehabilitated. Though as long as the source of the temptation exists, so will the addicts.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
My cousin died from an opioid overdose. The autopsy showed high levels of morphine.

I live about 35 minutes from Baltimore city. My highschool was called "Heroin High".

Heroin is fucking awful.
(February 20, 2014 at 7:23 am)Creed of Heresy Wrote: A story from MSNBC.

I love this woman.

The governor of Maine, however, is a fucking idiot. Does he REALLY not know just what it's like to be addicted to H, or ANY opioid? Apparently not; his drug of choice was crack. When you're hooked on H [IE after the first time you try it], you don't give a fuck if you live or die after a while. You just want to always be in that high. To the point you stop breathing.

This guy just wants to say "fuck you, pull yourselves up by your bootstraps." I hope his throat gets cut open by a desperate heroin addict trying to score some cash for their next fix.

Also, can I just say this? Growing up in several of the nastiest fucking slums in the country, I saw what heroin and coke did to people, but it hadn't spread so much out from where I lived in those days. I had thought that heroin had died off, replaced by meth, but instead it looks like it's just merely become even more available while having less awareness about it being circulated. Except now it's moving further into suburbs instead of the hood,
which makes sense. With so many peoples' lives starting to fall apart, it makes sense that such a numbing drug would start gaining in popularity amongst that demographic.

Query, have you chased the mighty dragon? Have you felt that overwhelming flash, that sense of wonder, chill and wonder as the plunger still has half way to go? That first high is never reachable again.

As a downer, heroin calms you down to the point of complete "don't care" Mode and the only thing you will want is to return there, to that fictitional point in time where everything is ok, even if you are on a street corner numbed out of yourself on the rain. In the end its all a cop-out of reality. It takes alot of will to get out, sure, but it pays off for sure.
(February 20, 2014 at 11:17 am)No_God Wrote: My cousin died from an opioid overdose. The autopsy showed high levels of morphine.

I live about 35 minutes from Baltimore city. My highschool was called "Heroin High".

Heroin is fucking awful.
Well, I guess it just shows how parents fail to actually protect their children against such evils. And it also shows how the government is ineffective in ending this drug craze. Though really, today we praise "getting high" as something being hip and awesome, as people are so disgruntled with the real world, they seek escape in the sensation that drugs provide. But the drug is a cruel mistress. And so people die, waste their lives on that stuff.
They ought to be erased from the earth altogether.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Bare in mind that I'm not advertizing for drugs, but being honest about it, It feels good, too good that drives you into slavery, and it resembles alot with religious indoctrination.
Narcan?

Sorry, the drug that is being described is Narcan?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Getting high on dope is not "cool" you look like a total drugged out asshole.

Nodding out and drooling on yourself is very unattractive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1624 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  I'm starting to just get exhausted of this adminstration what about you? GODZILLA 34 3241 December 8, 2018 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Dear Texass, This Is What You Get For Not Regulating Corporations Minimalist 16 1944 March 16, 2018 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  I may get a lot of heat for this, but here it goes NuclearEnergy 31 8630 September 8, 2017 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  It's What You Get For Working For The WLB Minimalist 1 737 June 22, 2017 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  That's What You Get For Voting For Him, Assholes Minimalist 9 3004 May 24, 2017 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  It's one of the saddest things of the modern day that the drug war exists EruptedCarcassBloat 14 1992 October 25, 2016 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: abaris
  But if you just give them all the money they want... Minimalist 9 1641 March 3, 2016 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  if you dont like it get the hell out. loganonekenobi 12 3882 February 1, 2016 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Sorry, Bernie...But You Look Like A Putz Here Minimalist 28 5294 December 22, 2015 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd