Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Request For Thread Of Mine To Be Deleted
Request For Thread Of Mine To Be Deleted
Hey there, I tried contacting some moderator a couple days ago through PM but no results, so I figured this would be the only to reach out. Can someone delete this entire thread I made from 2 years ago? In fact perhaps delete that one and maybe even delete this one as well? Once it's done, can someone contact me through PM letting me know that it was done?  Thanks in advance.

https://atheistforums.org/thread-40136.html
RE: Request For Thread Of Mine To Be Deleted
I'm just curious what the problem is with that one. It seemed to generate some short, but decent, convo. Welcome, btw. It looks like you're new.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I'm sorry, but AF as a general policy does not allow thread deletions.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Can't get into heavy details right now, but all I will say was that I was just going through something rough things at the time and it felt like I wasn't getting support and overall I didn't like some of the replies from certain people. That's all.

Um excuse me, but I would kindly like to have it deleted please? Can't you or anyone just fulfill a simple request to accomadate members here? Who's the administrator of this forum by the way?
I know it's requested (and I think decent) to start an intro thread in the intro section to tell us about you, to the extent you're willing. Maybe that's an issue?
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Excuse me, but I'm kindly asking my thread to to be deleted please? Who is the administrator of this forum BTW? Maybe I should have a talk with the person? If I knew the things I knew now I never would've posted it. So please if you can? Just for my emotional health?
Anyone with a red username is an administrator. Green usernames are moderators.

We don't have the luxury of taking back things fully. Even if this forum were to end, copies of it would remain accessible at the Internet Archive publicly. And that is discounting the possibility that anyone has run a web crawler to back up this websites publicly accessible information, which is a nonzero probability.

I'm sorry, but the impact of the request is large and the rationale backing the request is lacking.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I will only add that you have been given a kind response to your kind request, along with an explanation for it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I don't see why you would want to back off going after Osteen. He sells utopias, sells crappy books and lives in a mansion making money off of gullible people. Nothing to admire.
Maybe he has recently become a Televangelist????

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A request to delete my posts in the members photo thread WinterHold 30 4814 July 1, 2020 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Request for a new report feature. Ravenshire 6 1096 May 6, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  What is the "Buddy List" for? Why must we request/give consent? Whateverist 16 2580 November 3, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: shadow
  I've been asking to delete a topic of mine but nobody replies WinterHold 17 3309 October 25, 2015 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Cato
  Request: A sticky-ed thread for what we're reading Whateverist 11 1733 August 18, 2015 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Can I request a temp Ban for a month? Heywood 119 13218 May 27, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Mystical
  Is there a way I can have a thread deleted? Mudhammam 2 1454 February 24, 2014 at 3:48 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Request to ignore Tiberius reverendjeremiah 1 2067 February 21, 2012 at 1:38 pm
  request: Tapatalk for this forum leo-rcc 5 2770 June 15, 2011 at 6:10 am
  First post of mine in a thread Violet 30 13249 November 4, 2010 at 9:50 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen