Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 6:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Americans are being terrorized into not celebrating Xmas
Americans are being terrorized into not celebrating Xmas
We are evil, hateful, nasty Grinches...

Quote: The national advocacy group In God We Trust today condemned efforts of national atheist organizations and left-wing legal groups aimed at terrorizing Americans into not celebrating Christmas.

“Americans have become accustomed to the whining and calls for censorship of anti-religion activists during the Christmas season,” says In God We Trust’s Chairman Bishop Council Nedd. “However, this year opponents of the holiday are escalating their ‘War on Christmas’ to a whole new level. Their goal is harass, mock and scare people into censoring themselves and hiding their Christmas celebrations.”

“Americans are being terrorized into banishing Christmas from public life,” Nedd warns. “The hate and venom spewing from some of these anti-religious groups is so great that some jurisdictions are tearing down even secular Christmas displays as fast as they can.”

link with scary, terrorizing photo
Shock, horror.

There's something about these particular holidays that get people so defensive. It's worse than your child finding out that Santa doesn't really exist! FSM forbid you might change the holiday to make it more inclusive.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Americans are being terrorized into not celebrating Xmas
In my local area there was a to-do about a "Merry Christmas" sign on a fire department building. They were like "Wahh, we had it for 50 years, why do we have to take it down?"

Turns out the city denied a Jewish group from having some sort of Hanukkah celebration on their park and in order to be consistent told the Fire Dept. to remove the sign. They then re-evaluated the rule and decided to let both do what they want, which either way suits me. If you let one you let all, or you deny all. As long as religious groups are treated equally when it comes to using Government land/buildings for these types of things, it's legal. As far as private property, people can do whatever the hell they want.

There's a local house that goes ALL OUT with Christmas decorations I loved it. (Especially when for a Day they incorrectly had a large NOEL spelled NOLE XD).

I think as far as atheists are concerned they fall into different categories. Some take political correctness to far, some treat it as just another day, and others embrace the holiday season because it has a completely secular aspect to it that atheists can take part in without "selling out". I fall in to the last group.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
Quote:There's something about these particular holidays that get people so defensive.

Maybe deep down they know it is horseshit and it scares them?
I see Christmas as a day for Christians and children. As I don't fall into either group, I'd rather not celebrate. Unfortunately the last time I told my mother this she broke down crying. So now I have to take part in Christmas gatherings as not to upset my mother.

That said, I see no problem with anyone putting up decorations or religious stuff for Christmas. People in general need to harden up.
- Meatball
The only thing I have a problem with is the nativity scenes with the little 'white' baby Jesus. Don't these Christians know that Jesus was a Jew from the middle east?
binnyCoffee
(December 7, 2009 at 2:13 pm)binny Wrote: The only thing I have a problem with is the nativity scenes with the little 'white' baby Jesus. Don't these Christians know that Jesus was a Jew from the middle east?
[Image: jesus.gif]

Seems like your average Galilean. That or Chad Kroeger.
- Meatball
Christ. Now I'm a fucking terrorist too.
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
Fuck this is all bullshit on both sides. Imo the humanists and secularists are no better than the Christians or Jews on this one. The secularists complain about religious displays, the religious complain about our complaints, secularists try to reason that putting up a Baby Jesus is unfair somehow because they don't have a sign to put up other than the Christmas tree which appeals to both Secular and Christian groups but not to the jews or muslims who then complain that their symbols aren't allowed, this freaks out some lame politician worried about having to put up a symbol for every religion in the area, leading to lobbies flooded with x number of religious symbols all the while every normal person just thinks it is beyond stupid.
We need an atheist holiday.... but how? lol
--- RDW, 17
"Extraordinary claims, require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan
"I don't believe in [any] god[s]. I believe in man - his strength, his possibilities, his reason." - Gherman Titov, Soviet cosmonaut
[Image: truthyellow.jpg]
(December 7, 2009 at 11:37 pm)littlegrimlin1 Wrote: We need an atheist holiday.... but how? lol

We have, it's called Xmas - same thing, same day, no baby Jesus.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Being can come from non-being Alex K 55 7223 January 15, 2020 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Being cannot come from Non-being Otangelo 147 13474 January 7, 2020 at 7:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2547 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  Here are 5 big reasons why Americans are turning away from religion — according to sc Minimalist 3 1523 January 25, 2017 at 9:43 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  More insight into religion: logical and emotional beliefs robvalue 22 3484 August 16, 2016 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Jehovah’s seem to be trying to get my 85 year old father into their cult hogwash 23 6033 July 24, 2015 at 12:38 am
Last Post: hogwash
  Anyone off to Church of Xmas Day? Fidel_Castronaut 24 4706 December 26, 2014 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: pgrimes15
  Religion into the Future bladevalant546 14 3651 August 25, 2014 at 8:28 am
Last Post: bladevalant546
  Is researching into religion a waste of time? Mystic 76 20880 June 2, 2013 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Mystical
  If God is all mighty,why doesn't he change bad people/seiners into good ones? Phish 54 20218 March 19, 2013 at 8:35 am
Last Post: EGross