Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone off to Church of Xmas Day?
Anyone off to Church of Xmas Day?
My fiancé's father is catholic so wanted to go to church this morning, which is cool. My fiancé is going because they're going to one that's local to us as they're visiting for the day and haven't been before (she hasn't either but she knows the area). She's not religious at all but she wants to go with them all the same.

I of course declined. Just wondered how many of you are going and why? Have you been forced to or is it just something you do as an Xmas thing?

Also, merry christmas.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
RE: Anyone off to Church of Xmas Day?
I can't remember when I last went on christmas day. Must have been when I was a child. I luxuriate in doing nothing besides having my second cup of coffee and browsing the web.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Nope, my family don't go. Years ago my mother would sometimes (rarely) force us to go. Nowadays I use it as a joke, "let's all go to church!", and everyone laughs.
Even if the rest of my family wanted to go, which they wouldn't, I still wouldn't go.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

Well, we walked past a few churches today - does that count?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
No of course not, I'd only visit a church if it had architectonic value, which I greatly appreciate.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(December 25, 2014 at 7:25 am)Blackout Wrote: No of course not, I'd only visit a church if it had architectonic value, which I greatly appreciate.

Yes, me too.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I suppose I could insert my baby jesus butt plug, how festive do I want to feel today ??
Wouldn't be caught dead in a fucking church.

Horrible depressing places.
No, I'm going to be doing something a lot more fun than going to church. I'm going to pull my eyes out with a fork.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(December 25, 2014 at 10:21 am)Minimalist Wrote: Wouldn't be caught dead in a fucking church.

Horrible depressing places.

Hear hear. I've been to a few that look pretty light and airy on the inside, but the indoctrination and oppression factors kill it.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  REVENGE!!! kind of off topic but gd3001 31 2657 July 25, 2021 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Bishop setting up group to fight off 'evil forces' and recite prayers of exorcism Marozz 14 2570 October 11, 2018 at 5:19 am
Last Post: OakTree500
  Are some people truly better off believing? Razzle 45 8795 May 28, 2015 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Article: Would the world be better off without religion? Angrboda 25 5082 January 14, 2015 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Tonus
Question Westboro Baptist Church off to Iraq Nine 23 4996 August 26, 2014 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  The Mormon Church: Modern Day Mandated Servitude and Bondage LivingNumbers6.626 13 5552 August 17, 2014 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Apparently, God Said "Fuck Off!" Minimalist 32 11165 August 24, 2013 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Zen Badger
  This Should Piss Off Religious Twits Minimalist 32 14364 August 10, 2012 at 8:55 am
Last Post: Ace Otana
  Americans are being terrorized into not celebrating Xmas leo-rcc 51 16822 December 18, 2009 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet