Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maryland women "perform exorcism"
Maryland women "perform exorcism"
...murder two children, almost murder two others.

Quote:ROCKVILLE, Md. (AP) — Two Maryland women have been indicted in the stabbings of four children in what authorities say the women believed was an exorcism.

Twenty-eight-year-old Zakieya Avery and 21-year-old Monifa Sanford were indicted Thursday on two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Avery's 18-month-old son and 2-year-old daughter in January at a home in Germantown, Md., outside Washington. They were also indicted on two counts of attempted first-degree murder in an attack on Avery's 5-year-old daughter and 8-year-old son.

Prosecutors have said the women told investigators they believed evil spirits moved between the bodies of the children and an exorcism was needed to drive the demons out.

Police said that if a neighbor had not called 911, the two older children might have died too.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
RE: Maryland women "perform exorcism"
It's sad that in the year 2014, where we've been to the moon 45 years ago; we have all sorts of modern science curing as many diseases as we can with promises of others being cured soon; in a world of instant communication where you can instantly communicate with someone on the other side of the world; where science is discovering distant galaxies, stars, and planets; that someone in an industrialized, powerful, first-world nation still believes in demons.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
I don't understand what makes someone believe in demons to the extent that they think stabbing them will get the demons out. That's a horror movie right there. Some kid watching their mother come at them with a knife because she believes they're demon possessed. Yeah, they're the ones with the problems.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I used to believe in demons. They were described as agents of destruction sent by Satan to temper with our lives. I was told many stories of pastors delivering people and have seen many deliverances with my own eyes. Most were people screaming and fainting as they were touched by a pastor.
I wonder what is possessing these people if it is not demons.
(March 14, 2014 at 4:35 pm)LittleAFish Wrote: I wonder what is possessing these people if it is not demons.

Their parents' insanity?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(March 14, 2014 at 4:38 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote:
(March 14, 2014 at 4:35 pm)LittleAFish Wrote: I wonder what is possessing these people if it is not demons.

Their parents' insanity?

Thinking Or the preachers who told the whole congregation that demons exist. Or, it could be like stage fright. You are aware that you're entering a situation and your body automatically responds to it e.g. Shaking before going on stage before a performance. In the same way, a person who is about to be 'possesed withdemons' could just be reacting automatically to the situation e.g. The screaming, shouting or any other reactions. Appologies for this being a bit off topic.

Those poor children, thank gosh the other two were saved from the hands of deranged 'exorcists'.
(March 14, 2014 at 4:21 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: It's sad that in the year 2014, where we've been to the moon 45 years ago; we have all sorts of modern science curing as many diseases as we can with promises of others being cured soon; in a world of instant communication where you can instantly communicate with someone on the other side of the world; where science is discovering distant galaxies, stars, and planets; that someone in an industrialized, powerful, first-world nation still believes in demons.

I believe in them because they exist.

I have seen exorcisms first hand. I have witnessed it. So I know they happen.

This seems like this is news to you... Thinking
(March 14, 2014 at 4:57 pm)discipulus Wrote:
(March 14, 2014 at 4:21 pm)Doubting Thomas Wrote: It's sad that in the year 2014, where we've been to the moon 45 years ago; we have all sorts of modern science curing as many diseases as we can with promises of others being cured soon; in a world of instant communication where you can instantly communicate with someone on the other side of the world; where science is discovering distant galaxies, stars, and planets; that someone in an industrialized, powerful, first-world nation still believes in demons.

I believe in them because they exist.

I've seen them too, as I said. You can obviously see that it is happening but how do you prove that there are actually demons there or that the excorism has worked?
(March 14, 2014 at 5:02 pm)LittleAFish Wrote:
(March 14, 2014 at 4:57 pm)discipulus Wrote: I believe in them because they exist.

I've seen them too, as I said. You can obviously see that it is happening but how do you prove that there are actually demons there or that the excorism has worked?

You look for evidence of possession. The exorcism works if the person is restored to their right state of mind.
Quote:The exorcism works if the person is restored to their right state of mind.

Why don't you sign up for one?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women as priests Der/die AtheistIn 53 8332 August 4, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Three Christian Women marry Jesus Divinity 21 4343 July 14, 2017 at 9:31 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christian war on women Fake Messiah 30 4439 April 6, 2017 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christian Apologists Act Like Abused Women Rhondazvous 17 4085 May 17, 2016 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: abaris
  How can women be Christian? stop_pushing_me 45 8272 August 26, 2015 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Huckabee And Women's Bathrooms Nope 48 10109 June 7, 2015 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Did Bishops (In London) Ever Debate Whether Or Not Women Were Human? ReptilianPeon 8 3390 March 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Brometheus
  Evangelical Alliance: "We aren't homophobic women-haters" Foxaèr 170 22385 December 20, 2014 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Should man rule over women for women’s own good? Greatest I am 370 117516 September 18, 2014 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Women. Religion’s longestrunning victims. Greatest I am 88 19810 September 11, 2014 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Esquilax