Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hotel bosses rant against Muslim guest.
Hotel bosses rant against Muslim guest.
Two hotel owners insulted a Muslim guest by branding her a terrorist and comparing the Prophet Mohammed to Hitler, a court heard yesterday.

Devout Christians Ben Vogelenzang and wife Sharon are alleged to have insulted Ericka Tazi, aged 60, when she came down to breakfast in a hijab and traditional Islamic dress.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new...z0ZCvhGKU2

Yes I am aware it is the Sun "newspaper" but somehow I don't find it too difficult to believe this article.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
RE: Hotel bosses rant against Muslim guest.
My favorite part of the article was this question: "Are you a terrorist or a murderer?" um, option three please? People are nuts. When will people understand that you can't judge a whole group by the actions of a few extremists?

Rhizo
(December 9, 2009 at 11:57 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Two hotel owners insulted a Muslim guest by branding her a terrorist and comparing the Prophet Mohammed to Hitler, a court heard yesterday.

Devout Christians Ben Vogelenzang and wife Sharon are alleged to have insulted Ericka Tazi, aged 60, when she came down to breakfast in a hijab and traditional Islamic dress.

yes these 2 are very rude at the least but is insulting someone a court matter?
(December 9, 2009 at 1:02 pm)HornyJesus Wrote:
(December 9, 2009 at 11:57 am)leo-rcc Wrote: Two hotel owners insulted a Muslim guest by branding her a terrorist and comparing the Prophet Mohammed to Hitler, a court heard yesterday.

Normally I would say no, but in this matter it is different. See this woman was a guest in their hotel. She pays for them to provide a service, to have a good time away from home. Not to get flack for her beliefs.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
The case was dismissed because the defendants evidence was "all over the place". The Christians seemed to be bigoted idiots supported by a Christian group for the right to be a bigoted idiot. Crazy.
(December 9, 2009 at 1:25 pm)leo-rcc Wrote:
(December 9, 2009 at 1:02 pm)HornyJesus Wrote:

Normally I would say no, but in this matter it is different. See this woman was a guest in their hotel. She pays for them to provide a service, to have a good time away from home. Not to get flack for her beliefs.

Those bastards (in bold). They were probably having a fun time rediculing her. Every one has the right to be treated good, in one way or another.
Freedom is the ability to march to the beat of a different drummer without fear of retribution. Secularone

Ignorance is bliss but understanding is wonderful. Atheist forums.org
(December 9, 2009 at 12:12 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: When will people understand that you can't judge a whole group by the actions of a few extremists?

Rhizo

Is that not just what you are doing?
Peace and blessings.
(December 12, 2009 at 4:26 pm)Sopater48 Wrote:
(December 9, 2009 at 12:12 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: When will people understand that you can't judge a whole group by the actions of a few extremists?

Rhizo

That's not how I read it.-The hotelier is an ignorant bigot who happens to be a Christian.A person of that type would be an arsehole no matter what his religion.

My oft stated view is that religions allow people's character to emerge, good and bad. IE Religions are reflections of the societies which invent them and of the people who practice them. ALL believers cherry pick the emphasis their religion takes for them. EG how many Christians actually turn the other cheek,love their enemies,or give away everything they own to the poor to live the apostolate?
Whilst what they said was offensive, I have to stand by their right to say it under the freedom of speech that this country barely clings onto. If they want to insult someone and ruin their business, it's their own choice and fault.

One thing I hope the Conservative Party's "British Bill of Rights" will have is a section protecting the freedom of speech. A section separating church and state would be nice too, although the day the UK accepts secularism is the day Hell freezes over (if Hell exists that is).
(December 12, 2009 at 4:26 pm)Sopater48 Wrote:

Rhizo

So which group was I judging? You fail to make a point.

Rhizo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you be a "Non religious muslim"? Woah0 31 1802 August 22, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Muslim students less likely to be awarded top class degrees. Succubus#2 28 2350 March 22, 2020 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  An interesting Muslim-Atheist discussion on Religion and Rationality SuperSentient 10 2909 March 5, 2017 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: SuperSentient
  Here's what can happen to an atheist in a Muslim country drfuzzy 12 2214 February 13, 2016 at 12:19 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Christian Fundamentalism vis a vis Muslim Fundamentalism Rhondazvous 12 2252 November 1, 2015 at 9:33 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Being an ex-muslim in Britain Napoléon 24 4572 October 13, 2015 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  preachers on AF rant drfuzzy 44 7793 September 1, 2015 at 11:31 am
Last Post: thehedglin
  My story! I am an Ex-Muslim, became and Atheist. I was visited by an Angel of God. Prince 242 26283 June 19, 2015 at 9:01 pm
Last Post: nihilistcat
  Jew/Muslim are religions NOT A RACE Brian37 24 4899 May 1, 2015 at 4:13 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  New here..need to rant! Kiki 36 4774 March 17, 2015 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01