Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discuss faith?
Discuss faith?
Before I start, I'd like to provide the definition of faith.
1. "complete trust or confidence in someone or something."
2."strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.".

Why the fuck is it that zealots always brag about their faith and how much they love faith and faith this and faith that. They associate the word with religion and the belief in god(which it is), but if they knew the actual meaning of the word, I doubt they would continue to use it. My teacher told me he feels jesus in heart. A muslim would tell you he feels muhammed in his. So wait.. who's lying? Faith isn't the pathway to the truth, and any person who follows shit on faith is doing so because they have no actual proof. The bible is not any, nor is personal experience. There are mental nut cases in the U.S that will tell you stories about how they've been abducted by aliens.. who honestly believes them?
Quote:Therefore faith is a stupid concept. To think that you throw away common sense to believe in something that is clearly false. There is no way for a god to exist

1. The universe began with gravity. Gravity caused the big bang
2. Stanley Millers Experiment proves that life began with Ammonia, Hydrogen, Water, Methane and Electricity which then created amino acids. No god was required to create life. Life was created through electricity and the list of ingredients, but it took millions of years for life to build up from the amino acids.
3. jesus didn't exist.
4. in order for jesus to turn water into wine he would need to convert the carbons in a chamber roughly the size of a hydrogen star. Did jesus carry a hydrogen star with him?

5. Souls don't exist. Anyone study the nervous system? See anywhere the soul could stay? No, because souls don't exist

6. Out of body experiences don't happen. Ever study the nervous system? Notice how the nervous system is closed off? So how can you view yourself in third person when your nervous system is enclosed?

7. While a person is dying their brain cells die off which means that they begin to hallucinate. That is why people always have those "out of body experiences." It is all crap.
Have you also noticed that everyone's near death experience is EXACTLY the same? They hallucinate this realm where there are golden gates and beautiful clouds everywhere. Seriously - every single fucking story. What does this mean? This mean there are no unique "experiences". Everyone shares the same interpretation of heaven and therefore when they hallucinate their interpretation is deemed as the real thing. Apologies for a half-assed thread. I wanted to make this before I went to bed and I'm extremely tired.
[Image: eybYhU5.png]
Same sex divorce should be outlawed. #StopTheGays
RE: Discuss faith?
Seems legit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point does faith become insanity? Fake Messiah 64 3873 May 8, 2023 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1251 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Baha'i faith Figbash 5 934 April 13, 2020 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Comfort in Faith at Death Shell B 142 11000 August 4, 2019 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Atheist who is having a crisis of faith emilsein 204 12284 April 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Losty
Information How to discuss religion with believers? Scientia 161 15483 February 20, 2019 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Faith industry Graufreud 8 829 August 8, 2018 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  My faith is on hold. Mystic 16 4198 May 3, 2018 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Do Christians have faith in oxygen/air? MellisaClarke 83 13265 January 3, 2018 at 6:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What makes your faith true? Fake Messiah 237 33121 November 12, 2017 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Odoital77