Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Free Will an illusion or not?
Is Free Will an illusion or not?

Is Sam Harris right or wrong?
If he is wrong where is he wrong and why?
Go.
RE: Is Free Will an illusion or not?
Didn't you storm off crying very recently?

Why are you back asking more stupid questions? I thought you were mad at all us meanies?
[Image: Evolution.png]

Never fails. The ones you want to leave never actually do. They end up Brett Favreing everyone.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(March 26, 2014 at 9:00 pm)Cinjin Wrote: Didn't you storm off crying very recently?

Why are you back asking more stupid questions? I thought you were mad at all us meanies?

Not quite yet Wink Shades

So is free will an illusion or not? Come on people.
I decline. You're dead to me.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Oh, I don't know. Did you leave of your own free will? Was your return predetermined?
(March 26, 2014 at 9:08 pm)whateverist Wrote: Oh, I don't know. Did you leave of your own free will? Was your return predetermined?

I know why I left now answer the question on topic Big Grin
(March 26, 2014 at 9:10 pm)tor Wrote:
(March 26, 2014 at 9:08 pm)whateverist Wrote: Oh, I don't know. Did you leave of your own free will? Was your return predetermined?

I know why I left now answer the question on topic Big Grin

Does ONE DAY gone really qualify as having left?

<insert massive eyeroll>
[Image: Evolution.png]

tor Wrote:now answer the question on topic Big Grin
Nobody is going to that because doing that would be completely pointless.
(March 26, 2014 at 9:14 pm)futilethewinds Wrote:
tor Wrote:now answer the question on topic Big Grin
Nobody is going to that because doing that would be completely pointless.

Just as arguing with somebody like you who thinks X is true because you like it more and when presented with anything that disproves truth of X you still think X is true because you like it. It's like talking to a fucking brick wall.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  self illusion joe90 18 3184 April 8, 2019 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: no one
Wink Human Intelligence is an Illusion The__Chameleon 58 9274 December 19, 2018 at 4:33 pm
Last Post: Dr H