Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:04 pm

Poll: Which is your preferred web browser?
This poll is closed.
Chrome
28.00%
7 28.00%
Firefox
48.00%
12 48.00%
Internet Explorer
4.00%
1 4.00%
Opera
12.00%
3 12.00%
Safari
8.00%
2 8.00%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which web browser do you use?
Which web browser do you use?
Chrome user here Smile Mainly cause speed is the most important things to me in a browser, and since Firefox became an IE sized leviathan i have no time for it anymore - it's a big clunky mess imo.
RE: Which web browser do you use?
Using Firefox at the moment but I usually use Chrome for the same reasons. For some reason Chrome on my system is messing up though.

Fixed! Was a OS X extension screwing it up Wink

I'm back in Chrome!
(December 18, 2009 at 11:26 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Using Firefox at the moment but I usually use Chrome for the same reasons. For some reason Chrome on my system is messing up though.

I had a problem on the Dev channel, which i assume you are on, when the official extension format went live - all of my old extensions died and chrome started crashing and getting murky - i had to uninstall Dev, install Beta, uninstall Beta and then reinstall Dev :S
I found a fix for the bug (was another app playing up). Now to enable extensions again Big Grin
(December 18, 2009 at 11:48 pm)Tiberius Wrote: I found a fix for the bug (was another app playing up). Now to enable extensions again Big Grin

Tried to build Chromium OS yet? I'm looking for VirtualBox images to try it out, really cbf installing ubuntu just to build it.
These should help:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/11/19/gui...chrome-os/

http://geeklad.com/download-the-google-c...al-machine
Firefox user here. Mainly because I like it and I'm too lazy to research and find anything better.

I hate IE.
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
(December 19, 2009 at 12:23 am)Rhage Wrote: Firefox user here. Mainly because I like it and I'm too lazy to research and find anything better.

I hate IE.

Chrome is like Firefox was back in the 1x series, fast, lightweight, responsive and bullshit free.

It takes about 4x as long to load firefox as it does Chrome, tabs open and close much more slowly in firefox, draggin tabs around or out of the window is far, far faster in Chrome, web apps render much faster in Chrome, Gmail for example is probably 1-2x faster in all areas.

Everything is notably slow when you are forced to use another browser after using Chrome.
(December 19, 2009 at 12:41 am)theVOID Wrote:
(December 19, 2009 at 12:23 am)Rhage Wrote: Firefox user here. Mainly because I like it and I'm too lazy to research and find anything better.

I hate IE.

Chrome is like Firefox was back in the 1x series, fast, lightweight, responsive and bullshit free.

It takes about 4x as long to load firefox as it does Chrome, tabs open and close much more slowly in firefox, draggin tabs around or out of the window is far, far faster in Chrome, web apps render much faster in Chrome, Gmail for example is probably 1-2x faster in all areas.

Everything is notably slow when you are forced to use another browser after using Chrome.

See, that's what I thought when I switched from IE to FF. It sure seemed faster to me, anyway.

What kids of apps, if any, does Chrome offer?
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
(December 19, 2009 at 12:58 am)Rhage Wrote:
(December 19, 2009 at 12:41 am)theVOID Wrote:

I hate IE.

See, that's what I thought when I switched from IE to FF. It sure seemed faster to me, anyway.

What kids of apps, if any, does Chrome offer?

You mean extensions like the add-ins for firefox?

https://chrome.google.com/extensions
make sure you get the Beta or Developer Chrome for extensions

Other than that, for the last 6 months or so i haven't been able to find anything that wouldn't run except Quake Live, but that is ID's fault not googles.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need a new passport, which country is officially atheist? BananaFlambe 44 2417 December 20, 2023 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Which religion would be easiest for you if you had to be in one? Fake Messiah 31 3186 July 17, 2019 at 2:26 am
Last Post: Losty
  Have you met people criticizing atheists who use the expression OMG Der/die AtheistIn 30 4176 April 3, 2019 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
Heart A web. TheSaddestOfSouls 113 30298 June 22, 2017 at 11:27 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  As a now 13 year old atheist I feel obligated to use 4chan ScienceAf 17 3568 December 30, 2016 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Best use of hymns and bible quotes in fiction? Lemonvariable72 14 3398 November 21, 2015 at 6:14 am
Last Post: pgrimes15
  Which atheists do you find the most annoying? Whateverist 126 18584 November 18, 2015 at 9:15 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Which type of Political Atheism is most influential in human society currently? CristW 19 4789 February 20, 2015 at 9:51 am
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  13 arguments atheists shouldn't use Dystopia 26 5439 February 3, 2015 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Regina
  Popular arguments you think Atheists shouldn't use Dolorian 43 6516 September 11, 2014 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: RobbyPants