Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy grail found?
Holy grail found?
They have found the holy grail. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/...oly-grail/

To me it would not be the grail, it looks way too fancy, and they can't account for the first 400 years of the grail's history, which is a lot. but when you want to believe. . . anything goes I guess. Never under estimate the power of denial.
manowar
RE: Holy grail found?
Quote:She added, “This is a very important discovery because it helps solve a big puzzle. We believe this could be start of a wonderful stage of research.”
Errr... what is the big puzzle that this solves? Did people think that Jesus was drinking wine straight out of the clay pot, or something?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Given enough time, it will be deemed a hoax.

(April 1, 2014 at 11:55 am)Tonus Wrote: Did people think that Jesus was drinking wine straight out of the clay pot, or something?

Did one of the Indiana Jones movies not depict the Holy Grail as the plain wooden chalice rather than the fancy expensive one?
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Glad someone else remembered that reference.

Jones explained it that Jesus was just a carpenter, so couldn't afford a fancy goblet, like the one the man who "chose poorly" picked out. Wink
The grail story appears for the first time in the late 12th century in Chretien de Troyes' story Perceval (Parzifal, in German.)

It's literature. Just like the fucking bible.
Can you imagine Jesus walking around with that gold cup, decorated with jewels ? Come on. LOL I find it an odd coincidence that they picked near Easter holidays to announce this news. God works in mysterious ways i guess

manowar
(April 1, 2014 at 1:38 pm)Manowar Wrote: I find it an odd coincidence that they picked near Easter holidays to announce this news.

Check the calendar and another possibility may become apparent as well.
(April 1, 2014 at 1:38 pm)Manowar Wrote: Can you imagine Jesus walking around with that gold cup, decorated with jewels ?
Not for one second.
(April 1, 2014 at 1:38 pm)Manowar Wrote: I find it an odd coincidence that they picked near Easter holidays to announce this news. God works in mysterious ways i guess

manowar
(bold added by me)
If they only knew the origins Thinking
(April 1, 2014 at 1:42 pm)ShaMan Wrote:
(April 1, 2014 at 1:38 pm)Manowar Wrote: I find it an odd coincidence that they picked near Easter holidays to announce this news. God works in mysterious ways i guess

manowar
(bold added by me)
If they only knew the origins Thinking

Indeed. It bothers me that theistitards constantly confuse Easter with having anything to do with Jesus.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(April 1, 2014 at 1:40 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(April 1, 2014 at 1:38 pm)Manowar Wrote: I find it an odd coincidence that they picked near Easter holidays to announce this news.

Check the calendar and another possibility may become apparent as well.

My thoughts exactly.

In other news - world war 2 bomber found on Mars, Loch Ness monster now living in New York, Titanic mysteriously floats to the surface, T. Rex found alive and well in Soho, London.
Kuusi palaa, ja on viimeinen kerta kun annan vaimoni laittaa jouluvalot!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Holy Trinity Duty 22 2667 December 21, 2020 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: Prycejosh1987
  Philosophical Failures of Christian Apologetics, Part 11: The Holy Spirit Cepheus Ace 18 2984 June 22, 2020 at 7:45 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  The 'Holy' Drug Matt 8 3582 October 11, 2018 at 11:10 am
Last Post: Sal
  Holy mountains Fake Messiah 2 1047 March 12, 2018 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Chad32
  Holy books on trial mcolafson 7 1564 September 29, 2016 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: CWoods
  insult the holy spirit Longhorn 47 8800 June 10, 2015 at 10:42 am
Last Post: comet
  Rejection of All that is Holy Neo-Scholastic 32 5013 November 19, 2014 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Great youtube channel I found robvalue 7 2012 September 10, 2014 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Dolorian
  Holy father vs. unicorns g0sU 15 3651 August 21, 2014 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Diablo
  article I found about muslim atheism. vodkafan 2 1205 August 2, 2014 at 8:31 am
Last Post: vodkafan