Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best and worst planets.
Best and worst planets.
So we have a universe with a lot of planets on it.
Some of em contain life. Some of em contain sentient life.

Since we have such a big universe there are some very shitty worlds and some very wonderful words.
Now describe me best and worst planets to live on for sentient life. Do it in detail and try to do your best.
RE: Best and worst planets.
Whatever planets sentient life evolved on would be the best planets for these beings to live on.

Deep sea ecology: hydrothermal vents and cold seeps

Quote:Instead of sunlight, vent life relies on hydrogen sulfide - more commonly known as rotten egg gas and toxic to most land-based life.

Since the discovery of vent ecosystems dependent on hydrogen sulfide, scientists have found similar communities living around these so-called ‘cold seeps’. Others have also been found that rely on methane instead of hydrogen sulfide. Some of these are around bizarre deep-sea lakes called 'brine pools': depressions in the sea floor filled with water that has a much higher concentration of salt then the surrounding water. And recently a tube worm community was found living on solid methane hydrate on the ocean floor.

Sentient beings who evolved to rely on hydrogen sulfide or methane would regard the surface of Earth as a shitty place to live.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?
(April 9, 2014 at 6:11 am)Confused Ape Wrote: Whatever planets sentient life evolved on would be the best planets for these beings to live on.

Deep sea ecology: hydrothermal vents and cold seeps

Quote:Instead of sunlight, vent life relies on hydrogen sulfide - more commonly known as rotten egg gas and toxic to most land-based life.

Since the discovery of vent ecosystems dependent on hydrogen sulfide, scientists have found similar communities living around these so-called ‘cold seeps’. Others have also been found that rely on methane instead of hydrogen sulfide. Some of these are around bizarre deep-sea lakes called 'brine pools': depressions in the sea floor filled with water that has a much higher concentration of salt then the surrounding water. And recently a tube worm community was found living on solid methane hydrate on the ocean floor.

Sentient beings who evolved to rely on hydrogen sulfide or methane would regard the surface of Earth as a shitty place to live.

Well we on earth have times and places where people suffer more than people in other places and times.

I don't think planets are identical either in terms of happiness and suffering. Some have most suffering while others have most happiness.
(April 9, 2014 at 6:16 am)tor Wrote: Well we on earth have times and places where people suffer more than people in other places and times.

Much of human suffering is caused by humans. The rest is caused by what we've labelled as natural disasters such as volcanic eruptions and earthquakes etc.

(April 9, 2014 at 6:16 am)tor Wrote: I don't think planets are identical either in terms of happiness and suffering. Some have most suffering while others have most happiness.

I suppose it would depend on what was happening in nature where individual planets are concerned. I'm guessing there would be a lot of suffering if a sentient race's planet was hit by a giant asteroid.

As we haven't found any sentient beings on other planets yet we can't say how much of their suffering would be self inflicted. Aft er all, we can't just assume that sentient aliens would be just like humans.
(April 9, 2014 at 6:45 am)Confused Ape Wrote:
(April 9, 2014 at 6:16 am)tor Wrote: Well we on earth have times and places where people suffer more than people in other places and times.

Much of human suffering is caused by humans. The rest is caused by what we've labelled as natural disasters such as volcanic eruptions and earthquakes etc.

(April 9, 2014 at 6:16 am)tor Wrote: I don't think planets are identical either in terms of happiness and suffering. Some have most suffering while others have most happiness.

I suppose it would depend on what was happening in nature where individual planets are concerned. I'm guessing there would be a lot of suffering if a sentient race's planet was hit by a giant asteroid.

As we haven't found any sentient beings on other planets yet we can't say how much of their suffering would be self inflicted. Aft er all, we can't just assume that sentient aliens would be just like humans.

Are you failing on purpose?
You guys are talking silly.
You can be in the best planet on the whole
universe and yet suffer like hell.
It is all about your karma.
If you have to experience hell or paradise you will
no matter where you are.
I give you an example.
After one year of hard work i finally
go to hollyday.
I have been dreaming about this hollyday
for all year.
Today i arrive in Castaway island in Fiji.
Oh, shit i forgot to lock up my house.
Oh shit the mosquitoes are biting like hell.
Oh, shit the manager of the resort said that
he didn't receive the payment i made via Trivago. com.
Oh, shit the food cost like hell and is not even that good.
Oh, shit next door a baby cry like hell
i can't even rest.
Shell i continue? Wink Shades
Nope, I'm going to do this instead.

Best planet: Gallifrey
Worst planet: Jupiter
(April 9, 2014 at 6:58 am)tor Wrote: Are you failing on purpose?

Failing what? You just said that some of these planets contain sentient life which implies that these life forms aren't human.

Quote:Since we have such a big universe there are some very shitty worlds and some very wonderful words.

Now describe me best and worst planets to live on for sentient life. Do it in detail and try to do your best.

Are you saying that sentient life forms on other planets are just like humans? Are you defining shitty from the human perspective as in some planets would be shitty places for humans to live? Are you saying that an alien species which evolved in an ecological system based on hydrogen sulphide would think Earth would be a paradise to live?

(April 9, 2014 at 7:32 am)enrico Wrote: If you have to experience hell or paradise you will
no matter where you are.
I give you an example.
After one year of hard work i finally
go to hollyday.
I have been dreaming about this hollyday
for all year.
Today i arrive in Castaway island in Fiji.
Oh, shit i forgot to lock up my house.
Oh shit the mosquitoes are biting like hell.
Oh, shit the manager of the resort said that
he didn't receive the payment i made via Trivago. com.
Oh, shit the food cost like hell and is not even that good.
Oh, shit next door a baby cry like hell
i can't even rest.
Shell i continue? Wink Shades

This kind of thing definitely applies to humans but how can we be certain that members of all sentient species in the universe make themselves miserable like this?

The real question, of course, is whether or not there is any sentient life on other planets. Smile
(April 9, 2014 at 7:54 am)Confused Ape Wrote: This kind of thing definitely applies to humans but how can we be certain that members of all sentient species in the universe make themselves miserable like this?
The real question, of course, is whether or not there is any sentient life on other planets.

Put in this way.
In one situation there is God.
In the other there is no God.
If there is God it would be unlikely that God would
apply one rule for one planet and a different rule for the next
so everywhere there would be good and bad.
If on the other hand there would not be God then
everything is possible so in certain planets the life would be good
all the time or bad all the time but this would be very strange indeed. Cool Shades
(April 9, 2014 at 5:48 am)tor Wrote: So we have a universe with a lot of planets on it.
Some of em contain life. Some of em contain sentient life.

Since we have such a big universe there are some very shitty worlds and some very wonderful words.

so we decide what is shitty? Confused Fall

since I only know one. I would have to say the only one I know.

Whats is yours? and please, try to consider life may want to be able to make a choice. Then consider if it is possible to chose "Not thor's fuked fairy tale" then some will. Wink

But, describe a "good" borg. That is mine. And, we are heading that way. Possibly. Wink Shades

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the worst religion in existence? Hi600 89 6178 May 6, 2023 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Pride - the worst sin according to C.S.Lewis Duty 72 7312 February 25, 2023 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Information The worst thing according to Iranians Eclectic 2 844 September 19, 2022 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  Who reacted the worst when you "came out" as an Atheist? godlessheatheness 45 4768 April 7, 2017 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  One of the worst chick tracts ever dyresand 133 20272 November 10, 2016 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Best use of hymns and bible quotes in fiction? Lemonvariable72 14 3400 November 21, 2015 at 6:14 am
Last Post: pgrimes15
  Worst Thing Said to You for Being a Non-believer Strider 18 8222 October 12, 2015 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What's worst: god, horoscope or homeopathy? renatoab 37 5509 June 7, 2015 at 6:13 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  atheists are the worst of creatures DramaQueen 22 4252 August 20, 2014 at 1:18 am
Last Post: Zidneya
  2.Who has it worst:LGBTs or Atheists Mothonis 24 4141 June 7, 2014 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Violet