Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do Atheists have souls?
do Atheists have souls?
Do atheists have their own definition of what a soul is? Or is it nothing more than bottom piece of your shoe? Big Grin
RE: do Atheists believe in a soul
Souls are bullshit too.
[Image: thfrog.gif]

RE: do Atheists have souls?
So if I open a thesaurus will it list bullshit as one of the synonyms 4soul?
Negative.
Re: RE: do Atheists have souls?
(April 12, 2014 at 9:49 pm)Phatt Matt s Wrote: So if I open a thesaurus will it list bullshit as one of the synonyms 4soul?

Right next to religion and the picture of Jesus.
I guess it depends on your definition of a soul. If it's just what makes you different from other people, I guess it would be my brain and the life experiences I've had. Though if you mess around with someone's brain you can change their memories and personality, so it's all malleable.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(April 12, 2014 at 9:51 pm)Shaggy Wrote:
(April 12, 2014 at 9:49 pm)Phatt Matt s Wrote: So if I open a thesaurus will it list bullshit as one of the synonyms 4soul?

Right next to religion and the picture of Jesus.

Not a bible thesaurus
Souls are bullshit.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(April 12, 2014 at 9:52 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I guess it depends on your definition of a soul. If it's just what makes you different from other people, I guess it would be my brain and the life experiences I've had. Though if you mess around with someone's brain you can change their memories and personality, so it's all malleable.

Thats why I'm at an aa meeting now. I been mixin drugs with mania and thankfully recorded how obnoxious and annoying I am when manic and how much worse it is when pouring gasoline (drugs) on the fire (insanity).

(April 12, 2014 at 9:53 pm)Aral Gamelon Wrote: Souls are bullshit.

Do atheists believe in bullshit?
(April 12, 2014 at 9:46 pm)Phatt Matt s Wrote: Do atheists have their own definition of what a soul is? Or is it nothing more than bottom piece of your shoe? Big Grin

I have no idea what a soul might be. Consciousness? Sure. Something more than that? No idea. Something transcendent? Shrug.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Atheists and Agnostics that have child Eclectic 11 1186 August 28, 2022 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  We atheists now have our own social network rado84 16 1744 August 12, 2021 at 7:51 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Atheists: I have tips of advice why you are a hated non religious dogmatic group inUS Rinni92 13 2871 August 5, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Sal
  Does Atheists have acceptability ? hindu 40 4599 July 18, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Have you met people criticizing atheists who use the expression OMG Der/die AtheistIn 30 4226 April 3, 2019 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Simon Moon
  Ok Atheists! I have God Delusion! Catholic_Lady 54 9750 April 14, 2018 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2202 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheists who have never read common atheist literature ComradeMeow 68 9829 March 2, 2017 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Cephus
  Atheists have no morals? Islam & Christianity are actually crazy. bussta33 8 2746 January 16, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Atheists who have converted to theism? Jehanne 110 22795 January 11, 2016 at 1:26 am
Last Post: robvalue