Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:44 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pakistan library named after Osama Bin Laden
Pakistan library named after Osama Bin Laden
Quote:Most didn't notice the new library at this Islamic seminary for girls near Pakistan's capital, until locals saw the paper sign in Urdu posted on its wooden door: "Library of Osama bin Laden, the Martyr."

Cleric Maulana Abdul Aziz, a radical preacher who runs the Jamia Hafsa madrassa, wanted to honor the memory of the al-Qaida leader, killed in a May 2011 raid by U.S. Navy SEALs on his hiding place in Abbottabad, a garrison town about 125 kilometers (75 miles) north of the capital, Islamabad.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/world/1.586278

I doubt there is a facepalm image worthy of this.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Pakistan library named after Osama Bin Laden
There's a mosque in nearby Aston, in Birmingham, now called the Jamia Masjid Mosque but which used to be the Saddam Hussein Mosque. At least they decided to change the name once it fell out of favour, unlike these guys who want to do the exact opposite.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
How about a triple?

[Image: triple_facepalm_by_theguruofgaming-d4qby...20facepalm]
An Islamic Library.
I bet I can name its book.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(April 18, 2014 at 12:43 pm)Stimbo Wrote: There's a mosque in nearby Aston, in Birmingham, now called the Jamia Masjid Mosque but which used to be the Saddam Hussein Mosque. At least they decided to change the name once it fell out of favour, unlike these guys who want to do the exact opposite.

I went there on a school trip many years ago!
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
I pass it quite often on my trips to Brum on the 51 bus. Small world, eh?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(April 18, 2014 at 12:48 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: An Islamic Library.
I bet I can name its book.

I thought girls weren't allowed to read? Wouldn't want to give them any high-falluting ideas about how they are more than fuck receptacles.
(April 18, 2014 at 12:53 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I pass it quite often on my trips to Brum on the 51 bus. Small world, eh?

Yup!

Ah the 51, I used to get that to see a friend who used to live in Walsall. Good times.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

Really? Which part of Walsall, may I ask? Just wondering if we might have been neighbours!
(April 18, 2014 at 12:59 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Really? Which part of Walsall, may I ask? Just wondering if we might have been neighbours!

In the wonderful neighborhood of pleck.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pakistan: Man accused of blasphemy killed by mob in Khanewal Duty 9 827 February 13, 2022 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Dutch woman convicted of having sex outside marriage after rape zebo-the-fat 48 7752 June 15, 2016 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Pakistan Islam council proposes wife beating TubbyTubby 11 1794 June 1, 2016 at 4:03 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Statistical Islam Reference Library mralstoner 7 1640 January 13, 2016 at 4:21 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Mona Walter left Islam after reading the Quran mralstoner 6 3507 October 8, 2015 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Cato
  10 dead in Paris after attack on Magazine Fidel_Castronaut 269 27821 February 14, 2015 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  Saudi Preacher Spared Jail after Raping and Murdering 5 y/o Daughter Fidel_Castronaut 86 13631 January 29, 2015 at 12:47 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Women stoned to death in Pakistan outside courtroom Fidel_Castronaut 56 12134 June 7, 2014 at 7:10 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Briton in Pakistan sentenced to death for Blasphemy downbeatplumb 34 8950 January 27, 2014 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  Lebanon Library Torched, 78,000 Books Burned By Islamists downbeatplumb 25 5612 January 14, 2014 at 3:18 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72