Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 10:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why Ancient Aliens is far more plausible than Christianity
Why Ancient Aliens is far more plausible than Christianity
We actually have one testable example of a sentient lifeform in the universe that is capable of manipulating other lifeforms - us. We have zero testable examples of Gods. Ancient Aliens wins in this respect.

From a personal point of view, the Ancient Aliens story seems to be better constructed. I can at least understand a race interfering with another. The Christianity story just seems to be various ancient tales/superstitiions amalgomated together in a rather poor way leading to absurd contradictions.

As far as evidence goes, both are on equally shaky grounds - relying on interpreting old documents to fit a hypothesis and having to ignore large parts of mainstream science and archaeology. Both have millions of eyewitnesses too I should add.

Yes , I know, both are ridiculous and shouldn't be believed by any rational person until the evidence presents itself. However if you read some of the comments online, you get statements like "I used to be a Christian, but this makes much more sense".
RE: Why Ancient Aliens is far more plausible than Christianity
Yeah, and when those demonic "Aliens" manifest, it will also seem totally reasonable.
It's a set- up for deception BY deception.
(April 27, 2014 at 8:47 am)professor Wrote: Yeah, and when those demonic "Aliens" manifest, it will also seem totally reasonable.
It's a set- up for deception BY deception.

Huh?

Aliens are demons?
Free tony? Free willy is more like it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTQTHWWVczU

All right enough giving you a hard time... I like zorastrianism better than both those two.

This reminds me of a conversation that I had in real life where some of my less skeptical friends were pressuring me to rank the likelyhood of Ghosts, Bigfoot and Aliens abduction. Even though one is more likely, there is a miniscule difference between the two that basically amounts to zero.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Just as plausible as the abrahamic fantasies
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Yes Tony, one of the most notable researchers on this ( Jacques Vallee) has concluded they are not from another solar system but from another dimension.
A search on him will bring up a lot.

Another guy (an astrophysicist) noted when he and his friends (Christians) went up to an observatory, they never saw UFOs, but when others, who also dabbled in the occult, went to view they saw lots of UFOs.
What does "coming from another dimension" mean?
I guess you could call "Dimensions" -realms.

What if there were more than our familiar dimensions of height width and depth?

What if there are time dimensions beyond our experience?
(April 27, 2014 at 10:27 am)professor Wrote: Another guy (an astrophysicist) noted when he and his friends (Christians) went up to an observatory, they never saw UFOs, but when others, who also dabbled in the occult, went to view they saw lots of UFOs.
I'd chalk all that up to confirmation bias.
Most people I know who are non-Christian (IE atheists) and don't dabble in the occult (because they don't believe in any of that either), also never see UFOs.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Current Evolution of Ancient Religious Institutions Leonardo17 67 4127 November 22, 2023 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  How far reaching are God's powers? Fake Messiah 332 17850 November 25, 2020 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Who goes to hell - as far as those pious Bible Christians are concerned? Dundee 71 6589 June 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte
  In UK atheists considred more moral than theists. downbeatplumb 254 29252 September 20, 2018 at 5:08 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  German Catholic Priests Abused More Than 3,600 Kids Fake Messiah 17 2127 September 14, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Far right Catholic group worried about being banned. Jehanne 14 1959 August 24, 2018 at 9:08 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Hypothetical Question for Christians (involving aliens) Tiberius 26 3345 June 7, 2018 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Secret hiding place for ancient christians Foxaèr 20 2362 May 11, 2018 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
Sad My mother believes in Jesus more than in me suffering23 56 8871 April 16, 2018 at 3:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Reason why aliens coming here will want to kill us Fake Messiah 20 6165 October 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah