Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist persecution in america
Atheist persecution in america

Religion should be attacked and ridiculed for what an piss of shit it really is,atheists who are either unaware of, or want to ignore, all the harm religion does and did to society and think that all beliefs should be respected no matter what are dead wrong.It seems that you can't educate this white trash pabst blue ribbon drinking rednecks,because their brain capacity can't handle simple facts. The only think I can advise to you is that you start voicing your opinion more loudly and hurt the feelings of theists who cannot defend their positions at least this will show them that they can't do what the fuck they want.

I'm open to opinions are there any other ways to stop the spread of jesus freaks because we are experiencing this in EU as well.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

-Douglas Adams
RE: Atheist persecution in america
So, your suggestion is that we be an obnoxious asshole to theists and constantly call them out to defend their beliefs in order to end religion?

Because that's totally going to work. It's definitely not just going to make atheists hated even more.

There's something to be said for calling people out on their bullshit. But there's also something to be said for respecting people's autonomy and not being an shithead to them if they come to a different conclusion than you on something.
"The reason things will never get better is because people keep electing these rich cocksuckers who don't give a shit about you."
-George Carlin
^^ This.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(May 29, 2014 at 12:49 pm)MindForgedManacle Wrote: There's something to be said for calling people out on their bullshit. But there's also something to be said for respecting people's autonomy and not being an shithead to them if they come to a different conclusion than you on something.

I am perfectly fine with this until the pious attempt to use the power of the state to control my behavior based solely on their religious sensitivities. Making it illegal for everybody to purchase alcohol on Sunday is an example.
(May 29, 2014 at 1:38 pm)Cato Wrote:
(May 29, 2014 at 12:49 pm)MindForgedManacle Wrote: There's something to be said for calling people out on their bullshit. But there's also something to be said for respecting people's autonomy and not being an shithead to them if they come to a different conclusion than you on something.

I am perfectly fine with this until the pious attempt to use the power of the state to control my behavior based solely on their religious sensitivities. Making it illegal for everybody to purchase alcohol on Sunday is an example.

I'm talking about this I'm not advocating that you randomly start calling people out that's stupid but if your rights are being threatened by this assholes you must take your stand. If you don't say anything you automatically agree.

MindForgedManacles: Teaching evolution at class seemly does not work,respectfully talking to them does not work ether are there any other options left? The only thing that could work is to advocate a secular state or even more extremist standards like
state atheism. This could make some progress,but how can we reach this goal?
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

-Douglas Adams
(May 29, 2014 at 1:38 pm)Cato Wrote:

If I may speak for the State , to advise you that all we wish is for you to go back into the closet.
Keep your atheism to yourself and you won't be bothered.

The State has a vested interest in maintaining religious beliefs in society.

Remember, after the French revolution, they had to recall all the clergy they had previously exiled.
Vive la France
I can't watch TJ. He makes good points sometimes, but his message is lost on me due to all the yelling.

I don't think we need to start forcing atheism. In fact, I think that's a ridiculous notion. I think the first world will eventually evolve into secularism.

And eff off, Artur. Why don't you get in the closet? You're going to be in the minority someday.
(May 29, 2014 at 6:03 pm)Artur Axmann Wrote:
(May 29, 2014 at 1:38 pm)Cato Wrote: I am perfectly fine with this until the pious attempt to use the power of the state to control my behavior based solely on their religious sensitivities. Making it illegal for everybody to purchase alcohol on Sunday is an example.

If I may speak for the State , to advise you that all we wish is for you to go back into the closet.

Remember, after the French revolution, they had to recall all the clergy they had previously exiled.
Vive la France

"If I may speak for the State "

Unless you're an actual representative of the state, then NO!

"to advise you that all we wish is for you to go back into the closet."

Why the hell should we? Freedom of expression is a cornerstone of western democracy.

"Keep your atheism to yourself and you won't be bothered."

Bullshit. We'll still have to deal with arseholes trying to push their beliefs into law, stopping us on streetcorners and knowcking on our doors to push their beliefs, and all that other obnoxious shit they get up to when they go unopposed.

"The State has a vested interest in maintaining religious beliefs in society"

No it doesn't. Provide citation of this ludicrous claim

"Remember, after the French revolution, they had to recall all the clergy they had previously exiled."

Remember the Dark Ages - that 800 or 900 years when western society stagnated and basically failed. That was what happened to Europe when the church was in control.

You yourself have shown yourself to be anti science. With the likes of you and conservative Christians in charge of the government, the US would fall back into another Dark Age.
Dying to live, living to die.
(May 29, 2014 at 6:03 pm)Artur Axmann Wrote:
(May 29, 2014 at 1:38 pm)Cato Wrote: I am perfectly fine with this until the pious attempt to use the power of the state to control my behavior based solely on their religious sensitivities. Making it illegal for everybody to purchase alcohol on Sunday is an example.

Vive la France

We won't keep our atheism to our self because people like you are bombarding us and the rest of humanity with your stupid fairy tails as long as you will keep doing this we won't just keep our atheism to our self.

Quote:The State has a vested interest in maintaining religious beliefs in society.
Oh really I assume you are from USA:
The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity, Jesus, or any supreme being.

Source: http://www.publicadministration.net/reso...stitution/

Quote:Remember, after the French revolution, they had to recall all the clergy they had previously exiled.
What the fuck are you trying to say here?

No one even does believe in christianity or god even you don't! If you REALLY believed in Christianity, you would be screaming in the streets. I don't see anyone doing this. You would be taking full propaganda ads in the paper,television,internet,... every day. The churches would be going out of their minds if they really believed what they teach. But they don't. They think they ought to believe what they teach. They believe they should believe, but they don't really believe it. If you think that your life is that you run from the maternity ward to the crematorium, and that's it,fine fucking believe in it BUT DO NOT IMPOSE YOUR FUCKING BELIEVES ON ME OR THE REST OF HUMANITY! Because nothing shows uncertainty more than your way of perceiving people into believing your stupid story.

-Douglas Adams
(May 29, 2014 at 6:31 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(May 29, 2014 at 6:03 pm)Artur Axmann Wrote: If I may speak for the State , to advise you that all we wish is for you to go back into the closet.

Vive la France

"If I may speak for the State "

Unless you're an actual representative of the state, then NO!

"to advise you that all we wish is for you to go back into the closet."

Why the hell should we? Freedom of expression is a cornerstone of western democracy.

"Keep your atheism to yourself and you won't be bothered."

Bullshit. We'll still have to deal with arseholes trying to push their beliefs into law, stopping us on streetcorners and knowcking on our doors to push their beliefs, and all that other obnoxious shit they get up to when they go unopposed.

"The State has a vested interest in maintaining religious beliefs in society"

No it doesn't. Provide citation of this ludicrous claim

"Remember, after the French revolution, they had to recall all the clergy they had previously exiled."

Remember the Dark Ages - that 800 or 900 years when western society stagnated and basically failed. That was what happened to Europe when the church was in control.

You yourself have shown yourself to be anti science. With the likes of you and conservative Christians in charge of the government, the US would fall back into another Dark Age.

Would you be willing to explain your position in a muslim court of law?

can you please just answer with a YES or NO...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2105 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheists: What if Trump addressed your issues in America. Would you vote for him? Sanau 38 4507 March 30, 2020 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why are Atheists in America ok with cannibalism through consent Kaloomi 67 10941 June 23, 2018 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why America is anti-theist. Goosebump 3 1120 March 1, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  The Destruction of America by Atheists Loading Please Wait 25 3905 December 5, 2016 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Quixotic
  Why is Atheism more controversial in America than Europe? TheMessiah 19 4328 June 6, 2015 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: JuliaL
  Is Atheism truly frowned upon in America? TheMessiah 21 5394 February 10, 2015 at 12:23 am
Last Post: wiploc
  The Image Problem With Atheism in America Polaris 165 14732 August 14, 2014 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  America a christian nation? Sludgeman101 39 7223 June 17, 2014 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Persecution of atheists Bad Wolf 14 2552 June 5, 2013 at 11:51 am
Last Post: FifthElement